1/06/2011

Red Robin.....yummmmmm...

Boy was I in a funk yesterday.  I woke up with a migraine, my butt was sore from running on Tuesday night, I was exhausted even though I slept 7+ hours, I was just plain whiny!  But luckily I'm feeling much better today, I think my bitch session with Angela during out workout last night helped a lot.  Sometimes counting all your calories just gets to be too much, I was longing for the days when I would go out & eat exactly what I wanted with no thought towards the nutritional value.  But then, I was 32 lbs heavier when I ate like that, give & take I guess... 

1/5/11 - I didn't want any of the food in our fridge for breakfast; I've been trying to eat a fruit or veggie with every meal & it's hard to make something work with my favorite breakfast sandwich, I added tomato to the grocery list though so I can start adding slice, I think it'll be delicious.  But for now, I put together this lovely meal = 201 calories.
I was ready to eat by lunch time and had some more fruit leftover from the NYE party with my standards = 270 calories. 
At some point during the day I was whining to Joe in a text message that I didn't take anything out for dinner.  He suggested we eat more of the leftovers or go to Reb Robin with some gift cards he got for xmas.  We haven't been to Red Robin in a long time, mostly because 95% of the food there is crazy high in calories, but I decided I was still pretty low for the day and could make it work.  I was already scheduled to work out with Angela so I asked if she & Rob wanted to come to dinner afterward.  We put in a 40 min Jackie Warner dvd and got to it.  While we were squatting & lunging we started talking about dinner, she mentioned that Red Robin provides a "customizer" where you can put your meal together & it spits out the nutritional information for you, possibly the GREATEST INVENTION EVER.  We spent a few minutes playing with it after our workout then went to pick up Rob & meet Joe.  I chose to order a turkey burger with lettuce, tomato & fancy mayo on an onion bun + steak fries = 1075 calories.  Let's not even discuss what Joe ordered...oh to be a boy & have a job standing/walking all day...
After dinner we made plans to go to Texas Roadhouse for Rob's birthday in a few weeks.  We've never been but hear it's delicious (and also high calorie), I'm going to start planning my meal now.

We got home before 9 & watched Parenthood (YAY for new episodes) for a little while then headed to bed.  It's really funny, now we have no qualms about going to bed early because that memory foam mattress topper is so comfortable, Joe started calling it our "super bed."  As I was coming up the stairs I had to stop short because Ian was laying right at the top in front of the bathroom.  He was just too cute laying there curled on his side, I had to take a picture.
How did I do on my January goals?
1. drink 64oz of water every day: check, every day total
2. track all my food & burn at least 500 calories a day for at least 25 days: 2362 burned - 1546 eaten = 816 total burned, 2 days total
3. 1000 fitness minutes, not allowed to count walking at the restaurant: 40 minutes today, 85 total for month
4. run 20 miles: none today, 2.6 total
5. 15 spend free days - didn't spend a dime!, 1 day total

1 comment:

  1. Last night was fun! I think we both needed to vent about the eating/tracking thing. It gets so tiresome.

    When Rob and I got home, I showered and we went right to bed. Haha! We're so old.
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete