1/01/2011

12/31 - Day 40 - New Years Eve

Woo Hoo, what a great day this was!  I'm going to apologize now because this post is going to be crazy long...because...number 1 - I was off work (lots of time to do fun things), number 2 - it's the last day of the challenge (gotta wrap things up) & number 3 - new years eve party (lots of pictures)!

I was really hoping to work out on Friday because I knew there would be a lot of eating & drinking after 8pm.  Unfortunately, when I asked Angela, Shana & Christina if they could go for a run or take a class with me, none of them could.  Thankfully, Amanda, offered to take a class with me at the gym out in Ventnor after she finished with her trainer.  The bad news is that it was similar to the class we had taken the night before & I was already super sore.  The cardio class started at 9:30 so I had time to go get breakfast with Joe across the street before he left for work.  I wanted to keep my calories as low as possible during the day so I'd have plenty left for the party; I ordered scrambled eggs with onion & cheese on rye toast.
I seriously had my ass handed to me during at the gym, I'm not sure I've ever sweat that much in one hour before.  It was a good thing I brought another set of clothes because my afternoon was packed.  Our (Amanda & my) plan was to split up after class, she would go to her nail appointment & I would drive over to my sister's new house to check it out, then we would meet up out by the mall at Kohl's to do some shopping and grab some lunch.  


I totally didn't take pictures at Shana's new house, it didn't even occur to me while I was there, I'm the worst, but then again this post really doesn't need any more pictures...  Good news is she's thinking about starting a blog about their renovations so maybe you'll get to see it sooner rather then later?!?!  I hung out there for about an hour & caught up on what's new with her/Bill then went on my merry way to the mall.  While I was driving my dad called to see if I was around because we had a gift for me, since he lives out by the mall I said I would just stop at his house on my way.  
He got me (and Shana) a pair of bear paw shaped gloves from Colorado!  They're awesome, once I had them on I just couldn't fight the urge to talk with my hands, I must have looked ridiculous but Shana said she had the same urge, lol.  I visited with my dad for about 20 minutes then had to run to meet Amanda, she was already at Kohl's waiting!  We wandered around the store for a while looking for sparkly clothes to wear for new years & assorted other items we probably didn't need.  I came across this mirror which I think would look fantastic in our office but for $50 it was a lot, instead I picked up some mirrored circles we can stick to the wall for $20.
After Kohl's we stopped by BJs to visit Joe.  He was pretty busy so we didn't get to talk or anything but I did pick up Eclipse!  I didn't get to see it in the theater so I'm super excited to watch it soon!  Next we stopped off at Old Navy to look for a cardigan for Nicole, but they didn't have the one she was looking for anymore.  They did have these adorable piggy banks though!  I was close to picking one up because they were only about $2.50 but none of them really spoke to me.  Amanda said they were creepy...not totally sure I get why except that the silver one didn't have eyes...
By now it was after 2pm and we were pretty hungry.  Amanda said the pizza at Godfather's is her favorite so we stopped there.  I had a slice of plain & 1.5 breaksticks, the pizza was pretty good, nice and crispy.
After lunch we parted ways to get ready for NYE.  I had to stop at Shop Rite to pick up some snacks/drinks for our party.  My goal was to be home by 4 and I walked in the door at 4:15, not too bad.  I made sure to take a picture of all the food this time!
spinach dip with pumpernickel bread cubes
crab dip with triscuit crackers
assorted desserts
veggie tray with ranch dip
fruit tray with cream cheese dip
buffalo chicken dip
mozzarella sticks

I had a little bit of everything throughout the night along with 3 shots of vodka & a glass of champagne.

Our guests started to arrive around 8:30pm.  Everyone seemed to have a really good time & got along nicely. I added 40+ pictures from the party to facebook, I obviously couldn't put them all on here but I tried to get one of each person in attendance :-)
Jack all decked out in his awesome blazer & shoes
Jessica & Brandon
Angela & Rob
Shana & Bill
Amanda & Brian
Nicole, Jack & Lou
Joe & me
Janey & Bernie
My cat spent the majority of the evening perched on top of Joe's new ladder by the tree out of Jack's reach but when he started messing around in her water house she didn't let him out of her sight.  It was pretty funny how she watched his every move.
Lou was the second person to fall asleep...he's such a party animal...
Here's to 2011!  Hope your night was as good as mine.

Daily wrap up:
1. completed 60 fitness minutes...at 1585 for 40 days - goal met
2. 2 servings of fruits/veggies...goal failed, big time
3. 64 ounces of water...drank 64 oz every day for 40 days - goal met
4. Tracking: 2785 calories burned - 2369 calories eaten = total 416 calories burned... tracked everyday for 40 days - goal met
5. I had a pretty great day, totally counts...had lots of good/relaxing times - goal met
6. I got on the scale this morning (Saturday) and came in at 150...even though it's higher then a few days last week my goal is met...

Now that my challenge is over I needed to figure out where to go with all of this.  Should I keep blogging?  What should I blog about?  Should I keep following Angela's rules?  Here's what I decided...I'm going to keep blogging about my life but there won't be a wrap up anymore.  I like how accountable this makes me so I'm going to keep going...stay tuned :-)

1 comment:

  1. We will think of new things to do for January! I will work on that tonight and email you!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete