1/04/2011

Happy Birthday Amanda!

I'm struggling with how to format this blog now that my challenge is over...  I keep jumping back & forth between keeping things the same or posting twice a day (one food blog & one life blog).  I'm leaning towards keeping things the same because food blogs are pretty boring. 

I've decided to pass on 30 before 30; I can just add the ideas I've already come up with to my 2011 goals.  After talking to Joe & Nicole about it I realized I've already accomplished a lot this past year and I'd probably go insane trying to come up with ideas & then trying to complete them so quickly anyway.  Oh well, maybe I'll do 40 before 40 when I'm 35 or something.  30 seem to be really screwing with me and I don't need to give it any more power.  I'm not sure why it's bothering me so much, I'm hoping to talk to my friend Julie soon & see if it's getting to her too...

1/3/11 was my friend Amanda's 28th birthday and we had plans to go to Bonefish for dinner to celebrate!  I knew it would be a calorie fest so I made sure to keep my breakfast & lunch calories low with no snacking.  For breakfast I had a bowl of cereal & a banana.  I had planned on making one of my January goals to eat a fruit or veggie with every meal but I already have 5 and I think that's plenty, maybe I'll make it fit in February?
Joe came by and picked up my car to install the seat heater he got me for xmas; this is the first one he's installed so we were keeping our fingers crossed it would go smoothly.  I was starving by lunch time for once and Jocelyn was back at work after a leave of absence so it was nice to have our whole crew back again. 
Joe brought my car back in the afternoon and now my butt will never be cold again!  Plus he ran it through the car wash so no more gross salt marks!  Apparently it wasn't too tortuous to install either, now there's one more skill he can add to his resume!  After work I ran home to wrap Amanda's gift and then we were right back out the door for dinner at 6.  We ordered some drinks (I had a glass of Riesling) and appetizers for the table.
 Bang Bang Shrimp (I had 4)
 Ahi Tuna Sashimi (I had 1)
 Wagyu Beef & Ginger Dumplings (I had 1)
 I ordered the Imperial Longfin as my entree & it was delicious!

After dinner we were all too stuffed for dessert so we didn't get to sing to Amanda :-( 

I did try to take a few pictures but my camera was acting up & the flash didn't go off a few times.
 Jack had had enough of the restaurant by this point and was ready to go home.

How did I do on my January goals?
1. drink 64 oz of water every day - check
2. track all my food & burn at least 500 calories a day for at least 25 days - food was tracked but I only burned 455 calories.
3. 1000 fitness minutes, not allowed to count walking at the restaurant - 0 minutes completed.
4. run 20 miles - didn't run
5. 15 spend-free days - bought some flavored hot chocolate on etsy but used gift cards at dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment