1/10/2011

I cannot stop eating!

I didn't get a chance to blog on Sunday so you're getting both Saturday & Sunday on Monday, if that makes any sense?!?  I was having a super serious snacking issue over the weekend, Saturday was definitely the worst of it, I didn't stop eating all day!  I think if I start eating a significant lunch on the weekends I may be able to curb it a little better.  Usually I skip lunch because I'm either working through it or Joe is getting off work early & I know we'll be having something big for dinner.  Either way, I've got to knock it off...

I was really tired on Saturday morning for some reason, I didn't go to bed particularly late or have a drink, so I'm not sure what my deal was.  Anyway, I got my butt in gear and made myself pretty for waitressing.  That's such a joke because I look my absolute worst while I'm there; I don't shower before I go in because I'd have to get up earlier, I don't wear make-up either.  The people who come in probably wouldn't recognize me during the week.  I made myself a sandwich & brought it over to work with me where I grabbed a slice of tomato from the fridge, it was delicious = 299 calories.
Late Friday afternoon the weathermen had started forecasting snow for Saturday, they were calling for 3-6 inches.  It started snowing by about 8am and didn't stop most of the day, I think I heard we got about 7.5 inches in total.  Mike & I figured it would be slow so it wasn't necessary for the rest of the staff to come in so we told them to stay home.  Well, we were wrong!  We were pretty busy for about 3 hours straight, I made about $90 from 8-11!  We couldn't get over all these crazy people coming out in a storm for breakfast!  The rush stopped as quickly as it started & by noon we decided to call it a day.  Here are some pictures I took after most of the customers had left.
view out the front door
view from the back door
view of plaza across the street, couldn't even make out the signs
Mike messed up one of my orders so there were an extra 2 fried eggs available.  I stuck them on a piece of rye toast with 1/2 a slice of american cheese & a little butter for lunch = 326 calories.  I went home and jumped in the shower, you would not believe what I smell like after work on the weekends, I call it the home fry smell, my cat's noses go crazy as soon as I walk in the door.  I did some laundry & watched a couple of shows of the DVR when this craving for chocolate hit me, luckily I had a package of pretzel m&ms close by!  I was all set to just have 1 serving, I thought that would be like 6 or 8 m&ms for 100+ calories, then I read the package and found out I could have all of them for 150 calories!
While I was folding laundry & watching Private Practice, Nicole called and invited me to come over and play in the snow with Jack while she shoveled.  I pulled out my skiing gear (which I haven't used in 5+ years) and headed next door.  I realize I probably should have done some shoveling as well but I wasn't sure where Joe had put the shovel after our last storm and really, it's more fun to roll around in the snow with Jack.  I have a bunch more pictures on my camera but I forgot the cord so you'll have to make due with this one from my phone.  I love that Nicole is in the background shoveling while we play, lol.
After our snowy adventure I went home to watch Grey's Anatomy & decided to have some wheat thins = 140 calories. 
Then came the downfall of my entire day, I'm so mad at myself for eating so much crap all day!  I sat on the couch and ate carmel corn, damn thoughtful friends for sending that tub!  I've actually starting measuring how many ounces a handful is so I can keep better track of the calories I'm shoving in my mouth... = 244 calories.
Joe came home with dinner around 5pm.  He grabbed a rotisserie chicken from BJs which I was surprised to see if very low in calories. 
We paired it with some leftover pasta & broccoli from earlier in the week, which was not any better when reheated.  I'm definitely going to have to make some changes to that "recipe."  I ate a lot more chicken then what's pictured below, as you can see above I pretty much stabbed the thing as soon as we took the lid off.  My dinner = 434 calories.
After dinner we went next door to babysit Jack for about an hour while Nicole & Lou went to a viewing.  Jack was didn't give us any trouble but was definitely choosing me over Joe for play time, fine by me, more calories burned, lol.  Once Nicole & Lou got back we went home and took down the xmas tree and put away a lot of the decorations.  I try to decorate with mostly snowmen so we can leave them up until March or April but a few Santas, reindeer, etc always seem to sneak in.

How did I do on my January goals?
1. drink 64oz of water every day: check, every day total
2. track all my food & burn at least 500 calories a day for at least 25 days: 2303 burned - 1593 eaten = 710 total burned, 5 days total
3. 1000 fitness minutes, not allowed to count walking at the restaurant: 0 minutes today, 190 total for month
4. run 20 miles: none today, 5.6 total
5. 15 spend free days - didn't buy anything, 3 days total

No comments:

Post a Comment