1/15/2011

what to do, what to do

Hey all!  It's Saturday night & I'm sitting on my couch trying to decide if I should go out tonight or not.  It's our friend's 40th birthday party tonight in Atlantic City.  I would like to go meet up with everyone, I haven't seen them in a while, but there's some transportation & scheduling issues because Joe has plans with another friend after the party.  Pretty much, I just have to decide if I want to drive my butt out there & back for about 2 hours of visiting...I guess we'll see what happens.

I'm also trying to decide if I should do a dialect vlog or not.  It's apparently the new thing, some of the bloggers I follow have started doing them and it's kind of interesting to hear their voices and learn the ways other areas of the country speak.  I'm just not sure if I really want to tape myself & put it out there for everyone to see.  Maybe I'll wait until I get my hair cut on Thursday and then do it...

Let's recap Friday while I ponder all these tough decisions.  We had plans to go to dinner at Texas Roadhouse with Angela & Rob so I wanted to keep my calories low for breakfast and lunch.  I started with a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch, 1% milk & a banana = 286 calories.
I don't remember a lot about my morning at work.  I think I got some easy stuff done that was pending from the day before but obviously nothing exciting.  For lunch I had a clementine, yogurt & 100 calorie cookie pack = 235 calories.
I came home from work and pretty much went straight into Angela's car for the ride up to Turnersville for dinner.  It look us about 40 minutes to get up there but we called the restaurant on the way to put our name in.  Good thing we did, there was a 60-70 minute wait!  We killed some time wandering around a tractor supply store nearby; I so should have taken pictures in that place!  We arrived at the restaurant about a half hour after I called in & we waited another 50 or 60 minutes to be sat.  I was really hoping the food was worth all this.  We were all starving when we sat down so Joe immediately ordered some cheese fries, when the runner brought them to us they had chili on them, not what we ordered, but we kept them and picked on them anyway.  My serving = 209 calories.
For dinner, Joe & Rob both ordered the largest steak possible, a 32oz sirloin.  Here's shot of Joe with his.  If they finished them they would get their picture taken & put on the wall in the lobby.
I had a dinner roll (227 calories) then ordered the a 6oz sirloin (386 calories), green beans (ate 1/2 = 30 calories), loaded sweet potato (ate 1/2 = 152 calories).
The boys both finished their steaks so if you're ever at the Turnersville Texas Roadhouse look for Joe & Rob's pictures.  We took our own shots to remember the night by.


(I need a hair cut so badly!)

The ride home was pretty comical, Joe was pretending to vomit every few minutes.  I'm used to his antics but apparently Rob found him hilarious...boys...we were home by 10 and went straight to bed and into a food coma.

How did I do on my January goals?
1. drink 64oz of water every day: check, every day total
2. track all my food & burn at least 500 calories a day for at least 25 days: 2030 burned - 1585 eaten = 447 total burned, 10 days total
3. 1000 fitness minutes, not allowed to count walking at the restaurant: 0 minutes today, 427 total for month
4. run 20 miles: 0 today, 15.6 total
5. 15 spend free days - no money spent (dinner on Angela/Rob), 6 days total

No comments:

Post a Comment