1/25/2011

Don't Worry Be Happy

I've been sitting here for a while trying to think of a clever post title and opening paragraph but nothing is coming to me.  Things are fine, I just don't have anything to celebrate or complain about.  It's definitely not a bad thing, I'm extremely happy with how my career is looking, Joe and I are happy, my bills are getting paid, my arms are sore from group power last night...things are good...and with that, Monday's recap...

Well, going to bed at 10 on Sunday night didn't do much to battle my exhaustion from the previous long but fun week & weekend.  I really did not want to get out of bed and ready for work, Joe suggested I call out sick since he already had the day off, he's such a great support & motivator, lol.  But I persevered, made it out of the super bed & into the shower.  While I was getting ready Joe went downstairs to make me breakfast!  I came down to find him slaving over the stove.
He made me a 2 egg omelet with precooked bacon, a laughing cow cheese wedge & sliced tomato = 269 calories. 
The morning flew by at work.  We were having a luncheon to celebrate my director winning a customer service award and to kick off construction on our office.  That's right, I'll have an office when it's all said & done; only a year and a half later then promised, lol.  They brought in sandwich trays from a local breakfast/lunch shop. 
I had a chocolate chip cookie, 1/2 a turkey & cheese on rye and 1/2 a ham & cheese on a kaiser = 383 calories
Unfortunately, I had to eat & run because I was supposed to be in a meeting from 12-1:30 at another location.  The meeting was informative and I got to see some of my favorite people from throughout the organization.  When I returned from my meeting I was greeted by a goodie bag from the construction kick off, it wasn't a total surprise, I worked with my boss to order some of the items included.  But look how cute they turned out!
Each bag was different but here's what mine included: a home depot apron, 3 packets of tool shaped gummies, 2 construction duckies, a screwdriver, a flashlight, a measuring tape and a container of bubbles shaped like a tool.
Our department is working to put together a basket to for an upcoming raffle, we decided to have a romantic night theme.  I totally forgot that it was my responsibility to provide the movie and we need to turn everything in by Wednesday!  It was going to be hard to find time to pick one up with my work & gym schedule so I asked Joe if he could grab one in his day off travels.  When he asked for examples of what movie to get I said "The Notebook" or "Casablanca" something along those lines.  He said he would so his best.

Towards the end of the day my boss asked if I would mind dropping her off at a car dealership on my way gym because her car was being worked on.  Of course I said no problem and we chatted about my MBA research while I drove, I think she was pleasantly surprised I had taken her advice seriously.  Once we parted ways, I headed on to group power.  It was nice to see Amanda, it had been more then a week since our last workout together.  Isn't it funny how that happens, I'll see one of my friends all the time and then schedules shift and poof, nothing lines up for a while.  Anyway, I tried to go up on weight for most of the tracks.  I haven't really been sore in a while and it always makes me feel like I'm accomplishing more when I'm in a little pain.

Joe had gone to meet Tim at The Library so I was on my own for dinner (stupid vow to eat at home all week).  I was greeted by the movie "Maid in Manhattan" & a Heath Bar when I entered the kitchen.  I don't know if you can read the note, it says "This was the worst movie I could find.  I hope you have some calories left for the Heath Bar.  :-)"  He is just too darn cute.
I really wasn't very hungry or in the mood to cook but I knew I had to find something.  I toasted one of the 5 cheese, garlic bread pizzas we bought from John's niece's school sale = 420 calories.  Plus I had to eat that Heath Bar = 210 calories.
I spent the rest of the evening watching tv & playing around on Facebook.  I made sure to go up to bed around 9 though, still trying to catch up on some sleep.

How did I do on my January goals?
1. drink 64oz of water every day: check, every day total
2. track all my food & burn at least 500 calories a day for at least 25 days: 2287 burned -1412 eaten = 875 total burned, 18 days total
3. 1000 fitness minutes, not allowed to count walking at the restaurant: 60 minutes today, 687 total for month
4. run 20 miles: 0 today, 21.6 total
5. 15 spend free days - didn't buy anything (woohoo!), 7 days total

No comments:

Post a Comment