1/14/2011

Happy Birthday Jack & Kelli!

Thursday was a pretty awesome day!  I can't even think of any topics to discuss before I get into my recap because I'm so excited!  Although, I feel the need put out a warning because my calories will probably be astronomical when I report in tomorrow.  We're going to Texas Roadhouse for Rob's birthday tonight and from what I hear it the food is fantastic & not at all healthy; plus I'm not working out because we're going to the restaurant straight from work...wish me luck!

Back to Thursday - We have a bunch of bananas that are steadily getting more and more brown so I knew I had to start using them.  I decided a chocolate, PB2 & banana protein shake was the best way so use some of them = 392 calories.
The morning totally flew by; I was shocked when Dawn announced it was lunch time!  I brought one of the new 2 serving fruit cups today and it felt like it was never going to end, so much fruit!  Lunch = 322 calories.
Amanda and I had a little miscommunication about our 4 mile run, I had planned to run outside because it wasn't raining or snowing.  But she had planned to run inside because it was too cold for her, 28 degree high for the day, what a wuss (love you, mean it)!  Luckily, Angela was available and game for bundling up so I was back on track (and manged to avoid the dreadmill, hehe I stole that from Angela & love it!). 

When I got home from work there was a package on the front porch from Express.  I tore it open and crossed my fingers the size 10s inside would fit.  Let me just preface this by saying that the last time I fit in a size 10 was in college, we're talking like 10 or so years ago.  Well, they fit!  I was so excited I took a picture of my own ass with the size sticker & sent it out to pretty much everyone I know, lol.  Of course now I'm toying with the idea of trying on my old prom dress...it's in the closest upstairs...I think it's an 8...
Our run went really well!  We did 4 miles in just over 48 minutes, we had to walk a few times because there were patches of ice where the path doesn't have direct sun.  I'm hoping it's all melted by Saturday afternoon when we do another 3 miles.  This was the furthest I've run so far and it didn't seem bad at all.  We planned to take a picture of ourselves all bundled up in the snow but somehow forgot. 

We were both starving when we got finished so we decided to grab dinner at Applebee's then coffee at Starbucks.
 Grilled Dijon Chicken & Portobellos = 450 calories, it was so good!
 Tall Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte = 90 calories, my favorite!

Today was both Kelli's 27th & Jack's 1st birthday!  Nicole & Lou are having a little party for him on Sunday, but had also invited Joe & me over for cupcakes on his real birthday.  Unfortunately, Joe didn't get home from work until almost 8 and Jack fell asleep early for the first time ever so it didn't work out as planned.  We brought his present over anyway just in case he woke up ready to play.
Nicole picked up cupcakes from Bake Works in Northfield.  Even though Jack was asleep the boys couldn't wait so they tried a few.  See how delicious they look!
Of course Nicole & I couldn't just sit back and watch, we decided to have ours too.  I ate about 2/3 of this red velvet one = 225 calories, it was very good!
We hung around a little while longer & Jack did eventually wake up.  He was in no mood for visitors though so we called it a night.

How did I do on my January goals?
1. drink 64oz of water every day: check, every day total
2. track all my food & burn at least 500 calories a day for at least 25 days: 2470 burned - 1479 eaten = 991 total burned, 10 days total
3. 1000 fitness minutes, not allowed to count walking at the restaurant: 50 minutes today, 427 total for month
4. run 20 miles: 4 today, 15.6 total
5. 15 spend free days - spent $13 on dinner, 5 days total

1 comment:

  1. Our run was awesome!!! Can't wait to run again on Saturday. I hope the ice is gone.
    ~Ang
    PS. Don't you just love the word "dreadmill"? I think I stole it from an SP friend. Haha. It's the perfect work for it really.

    ReplyDelete