1/17/2011

There are never enough hours in the day!

I know I'm not the first person to complain about it but seriously, there are just not enough hours in the day!  I can never accomplish everything I want to in the time available!  I don't really think I need to elaborate, just know if there's ever a petition to sign or anything about adding more hours, I'm in!

So I had big plans for Sunday.  I was going to go to work at the restaurant, do some shopping at the Victoria's Secret semi-annual sale (Tammy says there are bras on sale for $12.99) then help Nicole with Jack's 1st birthday party. 

I woke up in a pretty crappy mood, I wasn't feeling fantastic and I would have loved to just lay in bed for a few hours instead of running around the restaurant.  It's days like this where I doubt the whole working 7 days a week thing.  Unfortunately, there wasn't time to lounge around (I'm going to do my food separately for this post so we'll count calories at the bottom).  I got my butt up & out the door on time though.  I didn't have the best day at work, we were steady but not busy so I ended up staying until 1pm and only making about $75.  The bad thing about staying until 1 was that I no longer had time to go to the mall and shop for bras.  I probably could have made it work but I didn't want to have to rush and there was no way I was going to bail on Nicole.  So I took my time showering & folding laundry before going next door around 2:45.

Nicole decided on a Lego theme for Jack's party.  Here's a shot of the cupcakes she made with little chocolate Lego men on top.  Can you believe she actually made those little men & the green blocks?  I definitely don't have the patience for all that.
While she ran around the kitchen it was my job to keep Jack entertained.  First we played with his train.  He uses it like a walker and chases you around the loop between the kitchen, living room & dining room.
Then he demanded that I pick him up and give him the mail that was on the island in the kitchen.  Sorry buddy, no dice.
Then we played with my camera.  He was extremely intrigued by the front screen that displays a view for self portraits and also plays pictures of a clown.

Once his guests started to arrive I tried to stay out of sight.  Grandmas don't appreciate it when the baby reaches for the neighbor (not that it doesn't make me feel like a million bucks!).  Everyone mingled and ate for an hour or so before it was time for cake.  Nicole made Jack his own Lego cake with bright blue icing.
After the cake was demolished it was time for presents. 

Joe & I hung around for an hour or two after the party broke up to rehash the evening's events then went home to bed.  We were probably asleep by 9:30, we're such party animals.

Now, let's talk food.  I had a breakfast sandwich before work = 317 calories.  I had to use the microwave ready bacon which is a little higher in calories then my normal precooked option. 
I didn't get a chance to eat between work & the party so here's a breakdown of all the delicious food Nicole made.  I still can't get over the fact that she made all of this!  My parties usually consist of precooked frozen appetizers & trays from the grocery store.
 meatballs, I had 1 = 57 calories
 pulled pork, I had about a cup = 290 calories
 turkey chili, 1 had 1/2 cup with cheese & sour cream = 192 calories
 pasta with veggies & chicken, I had 1/2 cup = 196 calories
 rolls & cornbread, 1 had 1 small piece of cornbread = 92 calories
 pepperoni & broccoli breads, I had 1 pepperoni = 160 calories
bread pudding, I had 1 small piece = 153 calories; plus a funfetti cupcake = 240 calories

How did I do on my January goals?
1. drink 64oz of water every day: check, every day total
2. track all my food & burn at least 500 calories a day for at least 25 days: 2318 burned - 1697 eaten = 621 total burned, 12 days total
3. 1000 fitness minutes, not allowed to count walking at the restaurant: 0 minutes today, 462 total for month
4. run 20 miles: 0 today, 18.6 total
5. 15 spend free days - I had to run to CVS for some feminine items, 6 days total

No comments:

Post a Comment