6/17/2011

What the heck do you do with swiss chard?

1. Eat out less then 20 meals:  Another day with no eating out!  Nicole & I were planning on making this recipe using the swiss chard from my farm basket program.  I was a little concerned that it would be terrible and we'd end up at Wendy's but that wasn't the case.  It was delicious!  9 meals total. 
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: watermelon & granola bar = 281 calories
     Lunch: nectarine, strawberries, greek yogurt & smartfood = 369 calories
     Dinner: whole wheat spaghetti w/swiss chard = 356 calories
     Snacks: graham slam ice cream = 190 calories
     Totals: 2277 burned - 1196 eaten = 1081 total burned, 9 days total  
The recipe was very easy to follow and we didn't have any issues.  But I'll admit Nicole did most of the heavy lifting.  I can't be trusted around knives for all the dicing and chopping :-)  I was concerned Joe would go for the pasta and skip the greens but as you can tell if was quite the opposite, we were left with mostly pasta.
 3. Complete 1500 fitness minutes:  Before cooking dinner Nicole & I knocked out C25K W3D1.  She was worried about the 3 minute running intervals but she did great!  I learned that the whole 25ish minute workout is under 2 miles, good thing I always make us do 3 total!  389 minutes total.
4. Walk at least 10,000 steps for 25 days:  The run took care of my steps.  As you can see I spent the rest of the evening sitting on my butt!  11439 steps.  12 days total. 
5. At least 25 days with 30 minutes of house work:  I cleaned up the dining room for dinner & kitchen during and after.  I also tried to pick things up & put them away as I went from room to room.  It wasn't a total cleaning spree but I got the job done.  10 days total.

No comments:

Post a Comment