6/09/2011

Everybody get on board the banana boat!

1. Eat out less then 20 meals:  I'm telling you, this whole 2 money spending events per week Joe is doing is totally helping my eating out goal!  We didn't eat out on Wednesday!   We did eat dinner next door but Lou cooked so I'm in the clear.  Oh and Jack tried to pick pocket me while we were eating...weird.  5 meals total. 
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: orange & granola bar = 252 calories
     Lunch: watermelon, greek yogurt & smartfood = 351 calories
     Dinner: shrimp scampi & dinner roll = 516 calories
     Snacks: banana boat = 309 calories
     Totals: 2173 burned - 1428 eaten = 745 total burned, 5 days total
This is the before shot.  I split the banana and added 1/3 hershey bar, a tablespoon of peanut butter & 1/2 a giant marshmallow.  I probably should have cooked it a little longer but after 15 minutes I just couldn't wait a minute longer!
I am now sort of obsessed with these.  When I read the post I had to try them immediately!  There's something about fruit for dessert that makes it seem a little better for you.  I will definitely make the slit deeper next time & cook it a little longer but it was a delicious first attempt.
3. Complete 1500 fitness minutes:  I'm not sure if you've heard but we're having a heat wave here in south jersey and it's pretty hard to run outside when it's close to 100 degrees!  Joe and I were going to try taking the kayaks out but the tide wasn't cooperating so we went for a bike ride instead.  I'm not sure how my butt is going to make it 32 miles...oh, did I mention I signed up for a 32 mile bike ride on 6/18?!?  237 minutes total.
4. Walk at least 10,000 steps for 25 days:  Since bike riding doesn't really give me a lot of steps I was still low for the day.  I was about 1000 away at 9pm.  So when we went next door for a visit I spent a little while pacing Nicole's living room to make it up.  10242 steps.  7 days total.
5. At least 25 days with 30 minutes of house work:  I started first thing in the morning by scrubbing down the shower.  By the way, I got the all clear from a nurse at work so I was able to stop using that bag on my hand!  It was awesome to wash my hair with all 10 fingers, lol.  I also did my normal cleaning in the afternoon to round it out :-)  6 days total.

No comments:

Post a Comment