6/01/2011

Goal Progress 5/31 - May Goal Review

1. Eat out less then 25 meals: I didn't eat out at all on Tuesday.  For the month I had a total of 28 meals out.  I didn't achieve my goal but I wasn't too far off of it either.  I've decided to try again for June but this time only 20 meals.  Joe has made a goal to only spend money on 2 "events" per week for June.  Meaning we shouldn't be going out more then twice a week together so that should help me cut way down the eating out.

2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: chocolate, peanut butter & banana protein shake = 400 calories
     Lunch: greek yogurt, fuji apple & smartfood = 331 calories
     Dinner: baked chicken (we tried the Perdue Perfect Portions chicken, it was super easy to make and delicious) & brussel sprouts = 200 calories
     Snacks: m&m's, fruit tart & cranberry juice = 400 calories
     Totals: 2095 burned (my new fitbit was delivered!) - 1331 eaten = 764 total burned, 18 days total
I had hoped to make it 25 days with a 750+ burn and that just didn't happen.  Partially because my fitbit died and I couldn't track as well as I like to and partially because as I'm getting smaller it's harder to eat my minimum 1200 calories and have a burn that high.  I'm going to try 25 days at 750+ again, I'm hoping it will be easier with less eating out...

3. Complete 1500 fitness minutes:  Since I can't really ride a bike or lift with my injured fingers I'm looking at a lot of cardio this week.  Joe & I did C25K W2D1 with Nicole on Tuesday; it was definitely warm out but not as bad as Monday morning.  I've officially been dubbed a slave driver because I don't let her turn around and head back half way.  We do 1.5 miles out & back no matter if we're running or walking.  On the walk home we came across this giant turtle in a small pond; we also spotted some bunnies & other wild life that kept Jack entertained.
I only completed 1249 of the 1500 fitness minutes this month.  Looking through my spreadsheet it seems like I took too many days off towards the end.  I'm keeping this goal in hopes of knocking it out in June and no workouts that last less then 45 minutes!

4. Drink 64oz of water every day:  I finished all my water before I left work.  I got 28 of 31 days in May.  I'm not bringing this goal back for June.  I really don't have a problem drinking a lot of water.

I've decided to replace my water goal with 25 days of at least 10,000 steps.  I wear my fitbit every day and it counts all of my steps but I very rarely talk about it here.  It is said that to maintain a healthy lifestyle we should be walking 10,000 steps a day so I'm going to give it a shot.  Usually if I go for a run I have no issue getting up that high, the real tests will be days I don't work out or take group power/bike ride...

5. At least 25 days with 30 minutes of house work:  I cleaned up a little, put shoes upstairs, etc but didn't do a full 1/2 hour.  I only completed 20 days instead of 25 but as I mentioned it gets hard to clean every day because eventually there's just not a lot of pick up.  I'm keeping this goal for June because I think it really helped our house stay clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment