6/23/2011

sitting on the dock of the bay

1. Eat out less then 20 meals:  We took Joe's parents out for dinner on Wednesday night to celebrate his mom's birthday.  After our fantastic meal on Sunday night Joe really wanted to go back to Lamberti's in Margate.  We got a table right on the edge of the deck this time.
We ordered buffalo chicken spring rolls & fried calamari appetizers.
I was extremely tempted to order the gnocchi zianna again but decided to give something else a try.  I went with the portofino (chicken & shrimp sauteed with sliced apples in a lemon vodka cream sauce, finished with shredded parmigiano reggiano).  It was just as good but a little lighter.  I was concerned the apples would taste funny with the lemon cream sauce but it worked very nicely together!
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: granola bar & banana = 295 calories
     Lunch: nectarine, greek yogurt & 100 calorie chips ahoy = 320 calories
     Dinner: 1/2 spring roll, handful calamari, roll & 1/2 portofino = 769 calories
     Snacks: graham slam ice cream = 190 calories
     Totals: 2179 burned - 1574 eaten = 605 total burned, 13 days total
 
Seriously, if you haven't tried the Phillies ice cream, go get it now!
3. Complete 1500 fitness minutes:  My back really wasn't any better then on Tuesday.  I was feeling better in the afternoon at work but when I went to grab something off the floor I re-aggravated it.  Not only did I not have time for a workout but Joe wouldn't have let me exercise if I tried.  777 minutes total.

4. Walk at least 10,000 steps for 25 days:  Luckily my back didn't hurt when I walk, mostly just when I change position.  Joe knew I was still going to want to get my steps in so he suggested a trip to The Home Depot after dinner.  My fitbit was only reading about 3400 steps so I knew I had to really keep moving to get to 10,000.  Joe stopped in the electrical aisle and I wandered around the gardening and seasonal areas.  I came back to find him like this:
So then I wandered the lighting, kitchen, bathroom & paint areas only to return and find him like this:
After about an hour and close to 4,000 steps we headed home.  Because I still had a little over a mile to go Joe suggested we walk to ShopRite (big shocker) to get some lunch meat & cereal.  While he was waiting at the deli counter I was being magnetically drawn to the bakery, seriously I couldn't fight it!  I stumbled across these cupcakes with sharks on them, lol.  I immediately sent a picture to Nicole, I knew she'd be excited (she has a strange obsession with the movie Jaws).
I've also been drooling over these brownie desserts.  Thankfully they keep them behind the counter so I'd have to ask someone to get me one.  I'm not willing to cheat that badly.
11160 steps.  18 days total.
5. At least 25 days with 30 minutes of house work:  It was getting late when we got home from all of our adventures; and my back had really started to bother me again after all the walking, so we just settled in for a couple episodes of Game of Thrones.  I'm definitely going to have to start cleaning once I can bend over though, they house is getting more then a little messy.  14 days total.

No comments:

Post a Comment