6/20/2011

comments make the world go round

I need to start by saying how touched I was by stelle's comment on my outfit post this past Friday.  Any of you that blog know it can be extremely thankless; you pour your thoughts and/or life out online and most of the time you don't even know if anyone is reading it.  Seeing a comment says someone IS reading and then for that comment to say that they enjoy what your saying is awesome!  I know I'm not totally free from fault where this is concerned though, I follow close to 75 blogs and  rarely comment on any of the posts I read.  But I'm hoping to remember how great it felt when I read that single comment on my post so that I will take the extra few clicks and say something about someone else's writing.

1. Eat out less then 20 meals:  I didn't eat out on Friday!  That's an awesome feat considering my normal routine of constantly eating out on the weekends.  Technically I did have a bagel from Manhattan Bagel for breakfast but that's because a vendor brought them in for us.  I didn't spend any money or really get to order what I wanted so it doesn't count.  9 meals total. 
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: whole wheat bagel w/low fat cream cheese = 390 calories
     Lunch: watermelon, greek yogurt & smartfood = 351 calories
     Dinner: baked chicken, spinach & au gratin potato = 378 calories
     Snacks: m&m's & cheddar pretzels = 250 calories
     Totals: 2270 burned - 1369 eaten = 907 total burned, 10 days total  
3. Complete 1500 fitness minutes:  I was planning to go to group power on Friday.  I was a little concerned though because I hadn't lifted in close to 3 weeks and I had the 32 mile bike ride the next day.  Can you imagine how tortuous the ride would be in all my muscles were already sore?  So, when Stephanie asked if I wanted to run I jumped at the chance!  She hasn't exercised regularly since she had her son so we took it easy.  I set my garmin for 30 minutes and we just went 15 out & 15 back, we managed 2.6 miles, not bad.  419 minutes total.
4. Walk at least 10,000 steps for 25 days:  I thought my run would have taken care of my steps but I wasn't quite there.  I made sure to do some laundry and bring stuff up & down the stairs until I got there.  10023 steps.  13 days total. 
5. At least 25 days with 30 minutes of house work:  I had a lot of time to kill before & after my run with Stephanie because Joe was stuck at work.  I cleaned the kitchen while I made dinner, picked up the living room and then of course there was the laundry I did while finishing up my steps.  12 days total.

No comments:

Post a Comment