6/30/2011

I heart hawaiian mini blizzards

Wow!  So it's been almost a week since I put a real post together.  Sorry everyone!  I swear I'll try to get them all up today...

1. Eat out less then 20 meals:  We still had a lot of veggies left from the farm basket and I really wanted to use them up before they started to go bad so we didn't go out for dinner.  Instead we had the neighbors over to help us eat them all; but we did take a walk to Dairy Queen for dessert.  13 meals total. 
I found my new favorite flavor of blizzard, hawaiian!  It's vanilla ice cream with banana, coconut & pineapple mixed in, delicious!  All that fruit makes me feel like I'm not really cheating.
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: granola bar & banana = 295 calories
     Lunch: nectarine, greek yogurt, strawberries & 2 oreo cookies = 369 calories
     Dinner: pesto pasta primavera = 290 calories
     Snacks: hawaiian mini blizzard = 300 calories
     Totals: 2232 burned - 1254 eaten = 978 total burned, 14 days total
I got to use my new salad spinner for the first time on the basil for the pesto sauce!  I decided to invest in one since I'll be cooking and eating a lot of greens over this summer.
I also sauteed zucchini and squash for the first time.  I usually bake it but this is SO much easier!  Doesn't the final product look so pretty?!  I am really excited about all the new & different meals we've been having lately (and I haven't cut or burned myself preparing them!)!
3. Complete 1500 fitness minutes:  I'm counting our walk to Dairy Queen as exercise because I changed into workout gear & sneakers.  837 minutes total.

4. Walk at least 10,000 steps for 25 days:  Thankfully the walk to Dairy Queen also knocked out my steps for the day.  10719 steps.  19 days total.
5. At least 25 days with 30 minutes of house work:  My back was still bothering me when I moved from one position to another which made bending over to pick things up close to impossible.  I even had to ask Joe to move a load of laundry from the washer to the dryer.  14 days total.

1 comment:

  1. Haha. I've been checking everyday for your next update! Miss you so I figured I wanted to at least see what you have been up to!

    ReplyDelete