6/30/2011

Dave Matthews Band

Let me start with a little background.  Dave Matthews Band is on tour and hosting 3 day concerts around the country called the Caravan.  Well one of the shows was being held in Atlantic City.  This is huge for our area because nothing like this has been tried here before.  They set up on an old sports field turned small airplane landing strip, it was pretty incredible to see the change, who knew you could fit 3 stages & a million vendors on Bader Field?  All the locals were worried that traffic was going to be terrible and the whole thing would be a disaster.  Anyway, my company had a booth at the event to raise awareness for our Garden Initiative; basically we give grants to community groups & schools to build gardens and  educate about healthy eating.  Well, I was asked/volunteered to work the booth on Friday, we were expected to work 10am-8pm and were free to stay later to hear DMB actually play.  I prepared myself and left my house about an hour before I was supposed to get there  and hit ZERO traffic on the way in, lol.  The whole event was really put together extremely well and there were no real issues to speak of the entire weekend!  It's great news for our area, maybe we'll be able to host more events like this in the future.
1. Eat out less then 20 meals:  While I did pack a lot of fruit for snacking on during my marathon day it was hard to pass up all the junk food offered by the vendors.  I had a burrito for lunch & a slice of pizza for dinner.  15 meals total. 
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: oatmeal w/milk, brown sugar & banana = 325 calories
     Lunch: chicken burrito = 587 calories
     Dinner: veggie pizza = 362 calories
     Snacks: reese's pieces, strawberries & a nectarine = 237 calories
     Totals: 2106 burned - 1511 eaten = 595 total burned, 14 days total
 
3. Complete 1500 fitness minutes:  I spent 12 hours in Atlantic City so there really wasn't time for a workout.  In fact I'm luckly I got my steps in with all the sitting I did at our booth.  837 minutes total.
4. Walk at least 10,000 steps for 25 days:  11666 steps.  20 days total.
5. At least 25 days with 30 minutes of house work:  While my back was feeling much better on Friday I still wasn't home to clean anything up.  Joe & I both noticed that things were really getting messy and I made a mental note to spend Saturday afternoon giving the house some TLC.  14 days total.

No comments:

Post a Comment