6/03/2011

So, I bought a treadmill...

Can you believe it?  I can't.  All of that bitching and moaning I did about hating running, the tortures of the dreadmill, etc and now I'm the proud owner of one of those machines.  Here's how it happened, a coworker of mine is moving to Florida and getting rid of a lot of stuff (obviously), in fact she's having a yard sale that I might stop by tomorrow.  She approached me yesterday and mentioned she was getting rid of her treadmill because they never use it, she purchased it a few years ago for $1200 and she sold it to me for $200!  I'm super excited to get it home tonight!  Sean is coming with his truck to help Joe get it moved (Joe moved Sean's treadmill twice now so he owes us one :-)).  No more convincing people to run with me in the freezing cold, no more convincing anyone to run with me in general!  Don't get me wrong I'm still planning to take advantage of nice weather and fresh air but I won't have to go to the stinky gym if it's raining!  Anyway, YAY!  Now back to our regularly scheduled goal reporting...

1. Eat out less then 20 meals:  I technically didn't eat the lunch I packed for work because it was employee appreciation day and there was a luncheon for us.  I'm not counting it as eating out though because I didn't pay for it & I didn't get to order whatever I wanted.  1 meal total. 

2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: orange & banana protein shake = 345 calories
     Lunch: BBQ chicken, fruit, pasta salad, salad, brownie w/ice cream = 810 calories
     Dinner: Perdue Perfect Portions Italian Chicken & baked zucchini sticks = 262 calories
     Snacks: 0 calories
     Totals: 2263 burned - 1417 eaten = 846 total burned, 1 days total  
 I tried to take a picture of my shake & the flowers Joe picked from our garden but beans just wouldn't get out of the way.  I also used my Tupperware egg white separator for the first time making the zucchini!
3. Complete 1500 fitness minutes: Joe and I accompanied Nicole on W2 D2 of her C25K program.  It's so interesting to watch someone go through the same struggles with running that I did last fall.  I just try to remind her that it definitely gets easier the more you do it & to think of all the calories we're burning!  50 minutes total.
4. Walk at least 10,000 steps for 25 days:  Between my busy day running around work and my workout with Nicole I had no problem getting there.  Total 13,212 steps.  2 days total. 
5. At least 25 days with 30 minutes of house work:  We had to clean out a bunch of stuff from one of our spare bedrooms for the treadmill so Joe and I worked together for probably an hour cleaning stuff out of the upstairs :-).  I've included a before picture, maybe tomorrow I'll add the after with the treadmill.  2 days total.

No comments:

Post a Comment