6/20/2011

32 miles is a long way!

1. Eat out less then 20 meals:  I am really loving all these people just giving me free food!  After the bike ride (more on that later) we were surprised with bag lunches from the organizers.  It included all of the items below but I only ate the sandwich and the peach.  I'm not counting it because once again I didn't pay for it or choose what I ate.  9 meals total. 
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: whole wheat bagel w/low fat cream cheese = 283 calories
     Lunch: turkey sandwich & peach = 428 calories
     Dinner: cheeseburger on sandwich thin = 528 calories
     Snacks: 1/2 banana, cheddar pretzels & ice cream sandwich = 258 calories
     Totals: 2725 burned - 1597 eaten = 1128 total burned, 11 days total  
3. Complete 1500 fitness minutes:  Yeah so I rode my bike 32 miles on Saturday and it was not easy.  The furthest I'd gone before this was 11 miles...  It was sort of a father's day event with my dad who is an avid cyclist.  He kept telling me that we could turn back whenever and it wasn't necessary to finish the whole ride but I was determined.  It took 2 hours and 53 minutes to finish and I was exhausted!  My whole body was just tired, I didn't really even hurt too badly until later on that evening.  592 minutes total.
The ride was an alumni event for the college I attended during my undergrad (and hopefully will for my mba as well).  There were just under 300 people registered and looking at this picture it seems like a lot but I didn't think it was too packed.
Here we are all suited up, I really hadn't planned on matching my outfit to my bike & helmet but that's just how it worked out I guess.  As you can see my dad rides a recumbent bike, we've always teased him because it looks so different and he has this crew that all ride them.  But after 3 hours on my bike seat I definitely paused a second to consider riding something with what is practically a chair the next time.
I really wish I could have included the breakdown of each lap but I couldn't get all 32 on one screen to save.  It looks so easy now but this was definitely the hardest activity I've completed to date.  Yes, harder then Broad St.  I think the real difference is that I trained for Broad St for months, I knew what to expect.  Because I'd never ridden this far before it was a real shock to my system.
4. Walk at least 10,000 steps for 25 days:  As you can see from the graph I was given a lot of steps during the bike ride.  I guess the way my legs move while peddling is close to walking.  I think my fitbit read 18,000ish steps after the ride.  Which means I definitely did another 5000 the rest of the day plus whatever I walked getting ready and all before the race.  I'm not sure it should count because of the riding but I'm going to take the numbers as they are!  23776 steps.  14 days total. 
5. At least 25 days with 30 minutes of house work:  Even though I was exhausted after the ride I just couldn't hold still.  I've never been a good napper.  While putting a few things away upstairs I came across one of my xmas presents that I hadn't gotten around to using yet.  Let me introduce you to my new best friend...The Bissell SpotBot Pet.  13 days total.
I can't believe I'm about to share this on the internet but my cat has this bad habit of scooting his butt across the floor after he uses the litter box.  It stems for some medical issues he had which had to be rectified with surgery and pretty much left him with a female like urinary set up.  Therefore he no longer knows how to use the bathroom like he used to and finds it necessary to "wipe" himself on my carpet...not cool.  I got really tired of scrubbing with carpet cleaner & a brush so I asked for this fabulous little machine which Joe then got us for xmas this past year.  I thought it was going to require some time to figure out so I'd been putting it aside for the last 6 months.  Well, Saturday was the day, I could barely keep my eyes open but I was going to make this thing work.  Yeah, it wasn't hard at all, you fill the tank, put it on the spot and BAM clean carpet.  See the clean circle in the middle on the grossness.  I'm happy to report that the whole area is clean now and it should be a piece of cake to keep it that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment