6/16/2011

A day late and a dollar short.

Well, not a dollar short because I've actually been doing pretty well the last two days!  But I've been training a new employee at work which screws up my whole schedule & makes me have way too many things to do when I get home...I know, these are terrible first world problems I have...

OH and I forgot to mention, on Monday we had some people from Health Engagement in our department for a "Know Your Numbers" session.  Basically they take your height, weight & a pin prick of blood then let you know how healthy or unhealthy you are.  Well I was super excited to learn that my body fat is 29%, when I started all this weight loss stuff it was 44% (I was almost 1/2 fat, that's CRAZY)!  I also tested in the good ranges for everything!  It was nice to know that not only is my pants size dropping but my actual health is good.  In case you're interested:
Blood Pressure - should be under 120/80 - I'm 112/76
Cholesterol - should be under 200 - I'm 192
Glucose - should be under 140 - I'm 87
BMI - should be under 24.9 - I'm 25.4 - close enough :-) 

1. Eat out less then 20 meals:  Joe went to the Phillies game with John on Tuesday so I totally could have eaten out & justified it to myself, but I didn't!  Mostly because I didn't have any cash on me and I have a hard time with charging food (especially when the fridge is full).  Yay me!  9 meals total.

2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: strawberries & granola bar = 239 calories
     Lunch: watermelon, greek yogurt & smartfood = 351 calories
     Dinner: turkey, swiss & mustard on a sandwich thin with sour cream/onion Special K chips = 416 calories
     Snacks: m&m's & graham slam ice cream (not together although that's not a bad idea) = 215 calories
     Totals: 2257 burned - 1221 eaten = 1036 total burned, 7 days total
3. Complete 1500 fitness minutes:  I was determined to get back on the work out wagon on Tuesday!  But it was rainy and I couldn't find any friends to exercise with so I decided it was time to give the new treadmill a try (even though we haven't gotten a tv yet).  I used my laptop to sling the tv from the bedroom and got everything ready to go.
I started out on a 5.5 and everything was going well.  The laptop isn't really loud enough to drown out the treadmill noise and the time lapse from the sling box isn't great but I was catching every few words, enough to be entertained.  All of a sudden the belt jerked and I almost fell off!  I kept going but it kept happening so I turned it down to a 4.0 and it happened again.  Finally I got off and googled the problem.  Luckily this seems to be a common occurrence when the machine is a few years old; it just needs to be lubricated and should only cost about $4.  I decided to try again, this time I didn't go higher then a 3.0 but I put the incline on a 6, after about 45 minutes total I had burned about 400 calories and decided that was enough.  I definitely got sweaty!  I'm really excited about having a treadmill at home now and can't wait until it's back up to 100%.  282 minutes total.
4. Walk at least 10,000 steps for 25 days:  As I said before I've been training a new recruit at work this week.  Well it really put a hurting on my steps Tuesday.  You see, the girl sits between me & the door so I would have to climb over her to get to the printer etc.  Therefore I had less then 3000 steps when I got home that night.  Even after 45, minutes on the treadmill I was only at 7000.  But I was determined to get there, I already used 4 of my 5 cheat days!  I walked all over my house and finally made it just after 11pm.  10954 steps.  10 days total. 
5. At least 25 days with 30 minutes of house work:  The secret to how I got all those steps is cleaning.  My house hasn't been this clean in a while!  I easily spent an hour+ wandering around throwing things away, folding laundry & straightening everything in sight.  I was literally bringing things up and down the stairs one at a time to maximize my steps taken, folding & putting clothes away one item at a time, I cleaned up junk I've been starting at for months all in the name of getting 10,000 steps for you people!  Although it was pretty awesome when Joe commented on how great the house looked the next morning, lol.  9 days total.

No comments:

Post a Comment