6/16/2011

Surprise!

Before I launch into a recap of all my goal progress from Wednesday I'm going to talk about the surprise party that I went to for my mom.  Let me start by explaining that my mom's birthday isn't until 6/29 & we as a family are celebrating with a week in Utah this August.  Hopefully that helps with any confusion that my sister & I are bad children and didn't help plan any of this, lol.  At any rate, my mom has a standing dinner date with a few of her girlfriends on the 2nd Wednesday of each month.  Yesterday was the 2nd Wednesday of June, so, one of said girlfriends decided to throw her a surprise birthday party instead of going out to dinner like usual.  But my mom would have known if she had rescheduled for closer to her actual birthday.
They all gathered around 4:30 & my mom arrived at 5pm.  Unfortunately I missed the actual surprise because I work until 5 but I heard she was pretty shocked & confused when she walked onto the deck and saw everyone.  I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before but my mom is very into geocaching.  In an effort to include her favorite hobby her gifts were hidden around the yard and she was given coordinates to find them.  It was pretty funny watching my 4'10" mother try to knock gifts out of trees & climb behind bushes.  It was a really nice evening, I'm glad my mom has such good friends that were thoughtful enough to plan a night full of fun for her.
1. Eat out less then 20 meals:  Even though I didn't technically eat a home I'm not counting the food at my mom's party because I didn't eat anything outlandish & I didn't get to choose the meal.  9 meals total.  I think we're going to be doing a lot of eating at home for the rest of the summer because I signed up for my company's farm basket delivery program!  For $15 a week, every 2 weeks for almost 4 months I will get 2 big reusable grocery cooler bags full of fruits & veggies.  The first delivery was made yesterday!
I received baby spinach & baby arugula, red & green swiss chard (plus recipes on how to cook it), zucchini, yellow summer squash, pickles, spinach, lettuce, basil, hot house tomatoes, nectarines & plums from local farms.
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: strawberries & granola bar = 239 calories
     Lunch: watermelon, greek yogurt & smartfood = 341 calories
     Dinner: roast beef sandwich, pretzels & chips, cheese & pepperoni, cake & ice cream = 878 calories
     Snacks: 0 calories
     Totals: 2256 burned - 1458 eaten = 798 total burned, 8 days total 
3. Complete 1500 fitness minutes:  Joe had a couple of friends over to watch the hockey & baseball games when I got home from the party.  I'm not a huge sports fan and it was really nice out so Nicole & I took Jack for a walk up the bike path.  Normally I wouldn't count a walk to the store or something but since I changed clothes & wore sneakers, it's in.  342 minutes total.

4. Walk at least 10,000 steps for 25 days:  Thanks to my hour+ walk with Nicole I didn't have any problem with my steps.  12946 steps.  11 days total. 
5. At least 25 days with 30 minutes of house work:  The house is still pretty clean from my attack on it the day before...I unloaded the dishwasher & put some stuff away in the kitchen but it definitely didn't take a 1/2 hour.  9 days total.

1 comment:

  1. 1) Best surprise birthday party ever. Sounds like it was perfect for her!

    2) What CSA is it that your work goes through? Can I sign up as an individual? There is an organic CSA right around the corner from me but when you do the numbers, its $35 a week!

    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete