6/22/2011

Oh my aching back!

Getting older is no fun!  Yesterday I did something to my back when I picked Jack up.  I bent over to get him and when I stood back up something like pinched and I almost fell over sideways!  I tried to stretch and went on a run/walk hoping it would feel better but it just got worse as the night went on and now (Wednesday morning) I can't bend over without a lot of prep.  So keep in mind that I spent the majority of Tuesday night like this:
1. Eat out less then 20 meals:  I ate all my meals from home again on Tuesday.  Luckily I made dinner and ate right when I got home because Lou & Nicole invited me to the Clam Bar after our workout and I would have been hard pressed to pass it up if I hadn't already eaten (or if I wasn't worried about basic movement).  12 meals total. 

2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: granola bar & banana = 295 calories
     Lunch: watermelon, greek yogurt & 100 calorie chips ahoy = 351 calories
     Dinner: whole grain hamburger helped w/spinach = 543 calories
     Snacks: m&m's = 120 calories
     Totals: 2192 burned - 1309 eaten = 883 total burned, 13 days total
3. Complete 1500 fitness minutes:  I'm really loving that more and more of my friends are getting the exercise itch, it's making finding a work out buddy so much easier!  Nicole, Stephanie & I (plus the kids) did C25K and some walking, which surprisingly didn't bother my back too much.  I noticed I was definitely holding myself up straighter though.  It was really nice getting to catch up and burn some calories at the same time.  777 minutes total.
4. Walk at least 10,000 steps for 25 days:  I need another 1500 steps after my workout and I was determined to get them!  I felt ok as long as I was standing so I just walked around and around the downstairs until I got there.  10065 steps.  17 days total.
5. At least 25 days with 30 minutes of house work:  I did some basic cleaning right when I got home but didn't do any cleaning after I hurt myself.  I even had to ask Joe to move the clothes from the washer to the dryer before bed.  14 days total.

No comments:

Post a Comment