6/30/2011

back in the saddle again

On Saturday I was feeling good!  My back wasn't bothering me too much, the weather was nice, we had a BBQ with friends planned, it was going to be a good day.

1. Eat out less then 20 meals:  Yeah so, that BBQ we had planned got cancelled.  One of our friends that was hosting got sick and they had to call the whole thing off.  Unfortunately, they only texted Joe about it and he was busy at work so he never told me and I didn't find out until almost 5pm when I asked if they needed me to pick anything up on the way over.  Needless to say I didn't have anything planned for dinner so Joe picked up subs on the way home from work.  16 meals total. 
2. At least 25 days with a 750+ calorie burn:
     Breakfast: oatmeal w/milk, brown sugar & banana = 325 calories
     Lunch: 0 calories
     Dinner: chicken cheese steak = 710 calories
     Snacks: reese's pieces, cheddar pretzels & tall skinny cinnamon dolce latte = 310 calories
     Totals: 2331 burned - 1345 eaten = 986 total burned, 15 days total
3. Complete 1500 fitness minutes:  I hadn't seen Angela in weeks so we made plans to run on Saturday morning.  I had a 3.5 mile run on my 5 mile training plan so we decided to give it a shot.  If any of you follow Angela's blog you have probably read that she's been having some issues with motivation for the last few weeks.  I was determined to keep morale up and power through our run though.  Unfortunately it didn't go quite as I had planned.  About a 1/2 mile in she mentioned that she was already getting hot which is a big deal for her because she normally doesn't sweat too much, unlike me who is literally a puddle at the end of a workout!  Then around the mile mark she complained that her calf was bothering her from the run she did with her bare feet running sneakers.  Finally at the half way mark she lost her breath and needed a walk break.  I was happy for the break but it's so hard to get going again once I stop.  We jogged about another quarter mile before my butt & leg started it twitch (probably residual from my pulled back muscle) so we gave in and walked the next 1/2 mile or so.  We pushed out 2 more quarter mile spurts but we were both just wiped and ready to be finished.  I'm a little bummed because I hate not running what I plan to but the summer is just too hard some times.  882 minutes total.
4. Walk at least 10,000 steps for 25 days:  I easily got my steps between the run, our walk to Starbucks and all the cleaning I did around the house.  16394 steps.  21 days total.
5. At least 25 days with 30 minutes of house work:  I cleaned for WAY more the 1/2 hour!  As I mentioned before the house was a total mess after 3 days of my not being able to bend over (although I'm not sure what Joe's excuse was :-P).  I did at least 4 loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen counters & refrigerator then picked up all the crap around living room and vacuumed.  It looked great!  15 days total.

No comments:

Post a Comment