4/04/2011

Shana's 27th Birthday at Beerfest

Boy did I have a busy weekend planned!  I knew there wasn't going to be a lot of time for screwing around (or accomplishing goals).  Angela asked me if I was interested in a 10 mile run on Saturday morning but I had to decline because we would have had to go around 7am for it to fit into my schedule!  April 2nd is my little sister Shana's birthday and we were planning to go to Beerfest in Atlantic City to celebrate her 27th.  We chose the 12-4pm session so I needed to be at her house in Brigantine by 11am.  I woke up while Joe was getting ready for work and reminded him to meet me at Shana & Bill's house when he was off for the after party.  I made myself a bowl of oatmeal with bananas (321 calories) for breakfast in hopes staying full into the afternoon.
I didn't have a hard time getting dressed which is pretty funny considering how long it takes me during the week.  I guess it's more fun on the weekends because I don't stare at these clothes every morning.  I chose a plaid flannel shirt from Target, tan cami from NY & Co, Express jeans and Naturalizer booties. 
I quickly wrapped Shana's presents (a new purse, reusable coffee mug, printed scarf, subscription to Better Homes & Gardens & a reusable filter for the Kuerig). 
After I got to the house there was a little issue with transportation.  They had called a cab company around 10:45am but an hour later they still hadn't arrived.  Because I'm not a big beer drinker I offered to drive my car and Kelli took everyone else in hers.  We got to the convention center a little after noon but there was still a line out the door so we hadn't missed anything.  I made sure to take a lot of picturesfor the blog & Facebook. 
Shana & Bill with their tickets.
Kelli & I both decided to wear plaid shirts.
Once we got in we pretty much just tried to find the tables with the shortest lines.  I would walk up & when they asked what kind I'd like I explain that I don't like beer and ask that they give whichever tasted less beer like, lol.  It worked pretty well and I found a couple of fruity beers I wouldn't mind drinking in the future.  There was also a room set up called the Mustache Lounge and you weren't allowed to go in without a mustache so you could make a $2 donation to a cancer charity and they would cut out a mustache for you to gain entrance.  I though it was a pretty cute way to raise money.
A lot of people made pretzel necklaces to cleanse their palette between beers (and to have something free to eat to keep from getting too drunk).  One of Shana's coworkers brought one for her and she let Dana & I have her last 2 pretzels.
They serve the beer in a little 2oz reusable glass so it was pretty easy for me to gauge what I was drinking.  I don't have exact types of beer or their nutrition information but I logged it as 24oz of beer = 310 calories.  We were all starving by the time we got back to the house around 5pm.  Luckily Bill had prepared enough food for a small army and we were chowing down in no time.  I had bakes ziti & meatballs = 640 calories.
I made sure to take some more pictures since I may have been the only sober person there.  This was my favorite, Grant & Shana sitting on the couch and then Corey & Bill's reaction.
We stayed at the house and hung out watching tv and listening to music for a few hours before heading home around 8pm.  They have a pretty musically inclined group of friends!  I think some of them were planning on going out again but I had another long day ahead on Sunday.  Joe & I got home and went straight upstairs to bed, he watched Superman on tv while edited the pictures and uploaded everything to facebook.  It was a nice day and I hope Shana enjoyed her birthday!

How did I do on my March goals?
1. De-clutter something: wasn't home long enough
2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 25 days: 2145 burned - 1271 eaten = 874 burned, 2 days total
3. Yard work w/Joe: no time today
4. Less then 20 meals out:  cooked my own breakfast & Bill provided dinner, 1 down 19 more to go...
5. Ebay/Craigslist: nope

No comments:

Post a Comment