4/13/2011

Day 1 - A recent picture of you & 5 unknown facts.

This is my new favorite picture of myself, Joe took it at his sister's bridal shower a few weeks ago.  You've probably already seen it if you're friends with me on facebook or if you know me from any website that allows a picture, I've uploaded it everywhere, lol.  I've been told that I'm a pretty photogenic and after losing a bunch of weight I don't usually have an issue with most pictures taken of me recently.  But the main reason I'm so fond of this one is because of my arms.  I had disliked my arms for a long time, I would very rarely wear anything sleeveless and wouldn't even consider buying tank tops.  And while this tunic isn't sleeveless, my arms are prominently displayed and I think they look totally fine.  It just reminds me how far I've come and that all this work is paying off!
5 Unknown Facts:

1. I have a crazy memory for faces and names.  The best example of this is from about 7 years ago when I was waitressing at a local bar.  I recognized one of the bus boys but couldn't place him.  It took me a few hours but before the end of my shift I had identified him as my sister's preschool "boyfriend;" which means I had known him approximately 15 years earlier when I was 6.  He looked at me a little strangely when I asked him what preschool he had gone to & if he remembered Shana, but I was right!

2. I don't have any cousins.  My parents have siblings but none of them had kids.  There are a few distant relatives like my parent's cousins kids but we rarely saw them.  For the most part my sister and I were the only children at family functions; it had it's pluses and minuses.  It was cool because we didn't have to share the attention with anyone (we were a little spoiled) but it was kind of a bummer because there were never other kids around at family functions.

3. I have not seen most of the older "blockbuster" movies.  People are always shocked to learn that I haven't seen any of the Star Wars films.  Joe was blown away the other night when I mentioned that I had not seen Braveheart.

4. My great uncle threatened to kill President Nixon.  I believe he was schizophrenic and wrote a letter stating he would hang the president from a tree on the White House lawn.  After that he was monitored by the secret service, they knew where he was at all times until he died.

5.  My hips are double jointed.  Before I was born the doctors told my parents that I would most likely never be able to walk (they also told them I was a boy).  The way my legs were bent in utero led them to that conclusion, turns out I'm just super flexible.

1 comment:

  1. You have some totally random, crazy stories! I have nothing that could rival any of that!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete