4/11/2011

It's 5 o'clock somewhere...

I was excited for Thursday, not only was it one of my days off from the gym but I was going to happy hour with some friends from work and to dinner with my family to celebrate Shana's birthday.  I decided to dress up of the occasion.  I picked out a short sleeve grey/black sweater dress from Ann Taylor Loft with off black hose and knee high black boots; I knew I'd be freezing in the office so I grabbed this long sweater from The Limited.  Sorry about the pictures, I'm tempted to cut my head out of the first one and for some reason the flash was funny in the second picture but you get the gist.
Joe had to be at work early for a meeting so I had the house to myself.  Luckily, there was some milk left over from what I borrowed from Nicole the day before so I was able to eat oatmeal again = 313 calories.
Lunch = 311 calories.
Towards the end of the day Brittany and I snuck over to look at the new construction.  I was excited to see that I officially have an office!  Isn't it lovely?
It looks a little like a cell in this one, lol.
Once the clock struck 5 we were out of there.  We headed to The Berkshire Grill to meet up with some friends from another department.  It was the first time I'd seen Kat since she got engaged so she filled me in on all of their plans.  I love weddings :-)  I was absolutely starving and had a few hours until our dinner reservation so we ordered some ahi tuna and pot stickers plus my two glasses of white wine = 352 calories.
Joe showed up at the bar around 7:15 and we were off The Back Bay Ale House.  We got there a few minutes before the rest of my family so we sat at the bar and looked over the menu.  It was close to 8pm at this point and we were all hungry so we ordered appetizers as soon as we sat down, jerk chicken wings (grilled chicken wings dry rubbed Jamaican spice, served with celery and ranch dressing) and crabby mac n' cheese (elbow macaroni, smothered in monterrey jack cheese, mushrooms & white truffle oil, loaded with lump crab meat).  They were both really good and Joe enjoyed the wings so much he ordered a whole jerk platter for dinner.
Since the other 4 were ordering the Chicken Maryland (two chicken breasts topped with jumbo lump crab in a sweet cream butter sauce) which my sister raves about, I decided to go with The Fisherman's Bowl (two 4 oz grilled mahi fillets topped with shrimp & jumbo lump crab, garlic, butter and wine) because it just seemed odd for everyone to be eating the same thing (Joe promised we'd come back some other time so I could try the chicken).  My meal was very good but the fish was cold, almost like they and pre-cooked it then taken it out of the fridge and hoped covering it with sauce would heat it up.
My dad brought a cake so we quickly sang happy birthday but it wasn't too embarrassing for Shana since we were the only people in the dining room.
I totaled the whole meal at 447 calories.  We hung out talking and taking pictures for a little while until they turned off the music on us.  We got the hint and packed up our leftovers, said our good nights then headed for home.
How did I do on my March goals?
1. De-clutter something: was out of the house for more then 12 hours straight...
2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 25 days: 2044 burned - 1589 eaten = 455 burned, 5 days total
3. Yard work w/Joe: no yard work today
4. Less then 20 meals out:  dinner at Back Bay, 4 down 16 more to go...
5. Ebay/Craigslist: nope

No comments:

Post a Comment