3/21/2011

Swapping Soiree

I had a really hard time holding still over the weekend.  Angela & I had planned on doing our first 10 mile training run on Saturday morning but she was sore for playing soccer on Thursday so we pushed it back to Sunday morning.  No worries, I just planned to take Amanda's class at the gym instead.  Unfortunately time was not on my side and getting to the gym before 9 plus having breakfast with Joe wasn't going to happen.  I let Amanda know I wouldn't be able to make but I'd see her later that evening and went to Towne & Country to get some food with Joe.  I had two eggs over medium with bacon, home fries & rye toast = 601 calories.
We still had some time before Joe had to be at work so we hung out on the couch watching tv for a little while.  Once he was gone I spent a little more time playing with my Tab and watching old Oprah episodes but felt restless, like I wasn't accomplishing anything.  I scrubbed down the kitchen for a 1/2 hour or so but because we had already cleaned up for my get together there wasn't much left to do.  All of a sudden I heard a kid crying outside, I thought it might be Jack so I went to take a look but didn't see anyone.  When I got closer to their house I remembered Lou was off so I stopped in to say hi.  He could tell I was restless and invited me to take a walk to the park with them.  I'm not one to pass up burning calories so off we went.  Jack had a great time running around with the other kids and after about an hour we headed back home.
One of the houses we passed on our walk back had the creepiest gargoyle on the front porch.  I just had to stop and take a picture.  I swear I thought the thing was going to move it's eyes and jump at me as I bent down to get a good shot.  I kind of want one, lol.
Jack passed out before we got back to the house so I helped Lou carry the stroller inside so he could continue his nap.  I figured then was as good a time as any to head to the grocery store.  I only needed to pick up a few things for the party but that never goes well.  This is why Joe does our shopping and leaves me home, I always buy more then what I need and end up picking up junk food.  I got the new Ben & Jerry's Late Night Snack ice cream too!  I'm excited to try it even if it is crazy high in calories.
When Nicole got home from work they invited me to grab some lunch at Fitzpatrick's.  I had never been there before so I decided to give it a shot.  I was surprised by how big the place was & the food was delicious!  I had a turkey club = 532 calories.  I'm thinking Joe & I will have to come back or breakfast sometime soon.
By this point I needed to start getting things ready for my guests.  Nicole & Jack came over to help so Lou could take a nap.  We decided to make some red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing.  I couldn't get over how much the batter looks like blood, I feel like this might be what Dexter's sink looks like after he's tossed all the body parts in the ocean.
I didn't go crazy with the food since there were only supposed to be 7 people coming over (which ended up only being 5).  I picked up some hummus, cheese & crackers for snacking on then ordered two pizza's from Mac n' Manko and made two bags of Garlic Caesar Salad for dinner.  I totaled my eating for the evening at 689 calories.
For dessert we had the cupcakes, break & bake cookies, a key lime cheese ball and Angela made pear tarts.
The guest list consisted of Nicole & Jack, Angela, Shana, Stephanie & Mario and me.  I think is was a good number for the first time.  We had a variety of clothing sizes and everyone got a chance to look at everything.  No one went home empty handed and Stephanie made out like a bandit!  There wasn't a ton of stuff left over in the end either. 
 Mario's getting so big!
Shoes!
All the clothes bagged up at the beginning of the night.

It seemed like everybody had a nice time catching up, eating & getting free clothes!  We hung out for about 4 hours and then it was clean up time.  Poor Joe wasn't feeling very well so he went up to bed early.  I was pretty wired and spent some time watching tv and playing on the computer before going to sleep just before midnight.

How did I do on my March goals?
1. Read 2 books:  no reading done
2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 25 days: 2302 burned - 1822 eaten = 480 burned, 13 days total
3. 1200 fitness minutes: 40 minutes today, 862 total for month
4. Eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal for at least 20 days:  nothing w/breakfast, lettuce & tomato w/lunch & salad w/dinner, 14 days total
5. 15 spend free days - the grocery store got me!  4 days total...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment