3/07/2011

Thanksgiving, in March?!?

Sunday morning was just a relaxing as Saturday; a girl could get used to this!  Mike better be careful throwing around these weekends off, I may never want to come back!  Joe had to go in to work early so we finished off the bagels & cream cheese for breakfast, this time I had a whole wheat everything with plain low fat cream cheese = 418 calories.
I didn't have any solid plans for the day other then meeting Lorie for lunch and going next door for Thanksgiving dinner.  I knew I needed to do some kind of workout, without the walking I normally do at the restaurant my butt would be staying pretty stationary all day.  My legs were still tired from my run the day before and my knee was a little sore plus my arms & chest were sore from group power on Friday.  I figured it only made sense to do an ab workout since that was the only part of me still feeling ok.  Once Joe left for work I checked on demand for something appropriate.  I found Jillian Michael's 6 week six-pack level 1 was available.  I read a good review on the dvd a week or so ago so I decided to give it a shot.  I was pleasantly surprised, I was pretty sweaty by the time I finished!
I went upstairs to shower and get ready for my lunch date.  When I started to make the bed I noticed something on my laptop.  I'm not sure if you can read it but it says "For My Vanna White _ <3 _ _ U" with a $100 bill taped below.  I say this a lot but Joe really is the greatest boyfriend, he totally messed with me the night before and then shared the winnings.
Once I was fresh & clean I hopped online to play on Facebook & whatnot.  I got an email from Mike letting me know I could definitely have off the last weekend of the month (I had requested it because Joe is off and Shana & Bill are moving).  I texted Shana to let her know we would be able to help them move and she said they were moving some of their wedding presents from my dad's house later that afternoon if I was looking for something to do.  I was free until dinner so I let her know I'd meet them after lunch.  I decided to wear something comfortable because I knew I'd be getting messy with all the rain coming down outside.  I went with jeans from Express & pink Puma sneakers I got on RueLaLa a year or so ago (if you want an invite let me know).  A Hanes white tank, grey long sleeve t-shirt from The Gap and a bright blue scarf from Old Navy.
I ended up getting to Juliano's a little early so I took some time to finally finish my book & play a little WORDS with friends.
I ordered a 12" white pizza with spinach and tomato.  They weren't messing around with the toppings, I've never seen that much spinach on a pizza before!  I ate 2 slices and had the rest packed up = 300 calories.  Lorie and I hung out for about an hour catching up, we don't see each other nearly enough so we barely stop to breathe during out "dates."
I went straight to my dad's when we were finished and Shana & Bill were already sorting through their loot.  They wanted to bring over the everyday items now and save the fancier stuff for another trip when things are set up in the new house.
Shana registered for a box of Reese's Pieces and one of her coworkers got them for her.  She was happy to find them amongst the other goodies.
We packed almost everything into my car and headed over to the new house to unload.  Luckily the garage was empty so I could back right in, it was raining cats & dogs outside and the job would have been way less fun if we were all soaking wet.
Shana & Bill stopped at their apartment to pick up the puppy.  It was my first time meeting him and he's got a lot of energy!  He's also a little skittish about being left alone so we had to keep reassuring him we weren't leaving as we ran back and forth to the car unloading all the kitchen goodies. 
The newlyweds got to use their washer/dryer and dishwasher for the first time while I was there as well.  Shana decided to bring their comforter over because it doesn't fit in the stackable they have in the apartment.  Here they are lovingly gazing into it while watching it fill with water.
Once everything was out of my car and they were starting to just wash & dry all the new stuff I decided to head home.  I talked to Joe on the way and he mentioned we were bringing dessert for the dinner party.  I called Nicole and asked if she had any requests, we decided it would be easiest to just make a couple Tastefully Simple items.  It only took about an hour to make everything then I headed next door.  It was still pouring and I looked like a drowned rat by the time I got to the door! 

Art & Marlene made a salad and we had all the basic Thanksgiving dishes.  It was all delicious!  I love that Nicole buys turkey on sale every so often so we get Thanksgiving dinner a few times a year!  My whole dinner = 535 calories.
Jack and I sat next to each other for dinner.  I think he enjoyed himself...
For dessert I made Nana's Apple Cake & Truffle Fudge Brownies, both of which were pretty darn good!  I had to try a little bit to make sure they weren't poison, obviously.  I chose to share a piece of apple cake & ice cream with Joe = 235 calories.
We hung out for a little while after dinner watching tv and chatting in small groups.  We were talking about having kids while watching Jack run around and I let a couple of Lou's comments get under my skin.  I also said something about how I'm getting older and since I'm not married who knows what will happen with my future.  I know I should have kept my mouth shut but sometimes it's hard.  Joe was quiet and sort of distant when we got home and I'm sure it's because I shouldv'e kept my mouth shut.  I really didn't want to get into anything so I just watched Parenthood on the couch in silence then went to bed hoping things would be better in the morning.  I had been doing so well lately, I don't know why I feel the need to press the issue sometimes.

How did I do on my March goals?
1. Read 2 books:  YAY, finally finished one!  Even though it doesn't count since I started it months ago.
2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 25 days: 2248 burned - 1488 eaten = 760 burned, 4 days total
3. 1200 fitness minutes: 30 minutes today, 290 total for month
4. Eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal for at least 20 days: oj w/breakfast, spinach/tomato w/ lunch & salad w/dinner, 5 days total
5. 15 spend free days - bought lunch, 1 day total...

No comments:

Post a Comment