3/23/2011

Same Dance Different Day

There really wasn't anything interesting or exciting happening on Tuesday.  As Joe would say, "it's the same dance, different day."  I have a hard time figuring out what to wear when the weather starts to get nicer.  The high is almost 60 so you would think a sweater isn't necessary but it's not warm when I leave the house in the morning.  I decided to just go with a lighter weight sweater, it's Van Heusen and I think I got it as a gift from a coworker a few years back.  I paired it with a dark gray cami from NY & Co, black dress pants from The Gap (which look like they're getting a litte saggy) and oxford heels from Naturalizer.  I'm realizing my outfits are pretty much the same every day, hopefully when the weather breaks I'll also break out of this monotony of sweaters, tanks & dress pants.
I was excited to see that the bananas were finally ripe enough to eat for breakfast.  I made 1/3 cup of oatmeal with 1/3 cup on milk and a tablespoon for brown sugar then sliced the banana over top = 306 calories.  It was delicious!
When I arrived at work I was a little unnerved to see my cubicle in disarray.  The cleaning crew has taken to moving everything around but not actually cleaning anything!  I'm sure I didn't leave my pen container on top of my mouse pad, my stapler in front of keyboard and my memo board facing the wrong direction and far from my phone...
Once I had everything back to where it belonged, the construction workers had to do some wiring in the ceiling over my desk so I was bumped to someone else's desk for part of the morning.  I learned that I am not a fan of working from someone else's desk.  Once I got the computer to log in & set up correctly I couldn't take the placement of the monitor...luckily they were done pretty quickly and I was back to my cube.  I had lunch at my desk again = 311 calories.
I had a very productive work day.  I tied up a lot of loose ends and felt good about my progress on a few other projects.  I was starving by the time I got home.  I been good at resisting the pull of the red velvet cupcakes for two whole days but I couldn't take it anymore.  I broke down and had 1/2 a cupcake as a snack = 142 calories.
Angela and I had a 4 mile run planned and the weather was perfect for it, almost 60 degrees and partly sunny.  We made a deal that we'd run the whole thing without stopping to walk, my knees were killing me but I powered through (I should probably take a day off after long runs but I hate not being able to eat as much).
My SportyPal app let me down again.  We'd been running about 2 minutes and all of a sudden it said 1 mile completed.  I pulled my phone out and the stats were all off, 1.81 miles in 3 minutes 25 seconds at 32 mph, I wish!  I had been noticing for a while that it wasn't as accurate as it could be but was putting off getting something fancier.  I finally decided enough was enough, when we got back to the house I looked up the Garmin Forerunner watches, they track your GPS for distance and calories burned based on your heart rate, super accurate!  I was contemplating getting a different (prettier) one but it wasn't on sale and couldn't calculate calories for any exercise but running/cycling.  For $200+ I wanted something I could wear to power or kickboxing too.  I waited until Joe got home from work to get his go ahead.  I explained why I wanted one and how much use it would get, I could use money from my income tax and consider it a birthday present to myself.  He agreed that it's a smart purchase and by Friday it will be in my hot little hands!
I'm excited to use my new gadget on my 9 mile run with Amanda this Sunday!  It occurred to me that Angela will be out of town this weekend and therefore not available to run with us.  She always wears her water belt on long runs so we can rehydrate, I'm not sure I can make it more then 4 miles without something to drink.  Obviously I needed to get my own water belt...
I didn't take anything out for dinner because the leftover situation was getting a little out of hand in our refrigerator.  I had my leftover chinese but there wasn't much left, just 1/2 cup of rice and less then a cup of chicken with broccoli = 244 calories.
Since my dinner was so meager I was still hungry had plenty of room left for dessert.  I decided to have some of the no sugar added vanilla ice cream with just a little Hershey's syrup = 205 calories.
Lou stopped by when he & Nicole got back from dinner at a friend's house.  He and Joe seemed pretty gung ho about watching the Flyers game so I went upstairs and watched The Biggest Loser on the DVR.  I started falling asleep towards the end so I just turned it off and went to sleep.

Oh, I made sure to take a picture of my birthday brunch invitation.  I got them from Vista Print, 30 for right around $25.  They didn't have anything that screamed champagne brunch so I went with this "tea party" option, I think it gets the point across.  I'm excited for everyone to get a little dressed up and have a fancy afternoon at the country club!   
How did I do on my March goals?
1. Read 2 books:  no reading for me
2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 25 days: 2414 burned - 1206 eaten = 1208 burned, 16 days total
3. 1200 fitness minutes: 50 minutes today, 1103 total for month
4. Eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal for at least 20 days:  banana w/breakfast, apple w/lunch & broccoli w/dinner, 15 days total
5. 15 spend free days - yeah, remember all that running gear...6 days total...
 

1 comment:

  1. Bananas in my oatmeal is my favorite!
    And when you get your Garmin, READ the booklet! It helps a lot. And when it asks you to install the software, install the desktop AND website thingy. And definitely learn how to use your watch before your run. Wish I could be there to help you out! Have fun with the 9 miles!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete