3/17/2011

I want Starbucks coffee...NOW!

I totally felt like crap on Wednesday.  I had no desire to even get out of bed and really wished I'd done that 4 mile run on Tuesday so I didn't have to run it that afternoon.  It's probably bad that I was dreading running ever before I got out of bed.  I was whining all morning about pretty much everything but knew I had to get moving.  I decided comfort was paramount when choosing my OOTD.  We've got a faux wrap sweater from Ann Taylor Loft with a light blue shelf cami from NY & Co, navy pants from The Limited and tan ballet flats from Naturalizer.  Joe told me I looked nice :-)
Joe also offered to make me breakfast but I wasn't really in the mood for anything we had.  Plus I had to leave a little early to stop at CVS for some feminine products.  As I left the store the Starbucks across the street caught my eye...I've heard great things about their oatmeal so I decided to treat myself.  I had a grande skinny cinnamon dolce latte and a cup of their perfect oatmeal with brown sugar and dried fruit = 420 calories.  That's a little high for my breakfast during the week but it was delicious and kept me full well into the afternoon.
I had a meeting that took up most of my morning but at least it kept me from whining too much.  The oatmeal kept me full until almost 1:30pm!  For lunch I ate everything in the picture except the apple, when I cut into it it wasn't all the way ripe or something.  = 277 calories.
After work I knew I had to make up my 4 mile run from the day before, no excuses.  I was originally planning on going to a step class but for some reason every time I try to get there something comes up.  I got myself a lemon lime flavored G2 as a treat for extra motivation (= 50 calories) and set the treadmill at a 5.5.
The run went really well, in fact I turned it up to a 5.7 towards the end because I was getting bored and wanted it over with sooner.  These are my totals for my entire workout, I walked for 6 minutes after I was done just to use up my allotted time. 
I stopped at Nicole's on my way home to chat about my birthday and some other projects we're working on together.  They were ordering dinner and I knew if I hung out too long I'd end up not wanting to cook so I made a break for it after about a 1/2 hour.  I baked some pork chops and steamed some broccoli = 473 calories.  Not the most flavorful or elaborate of dinners but it did the job. 
I started to get really hungry a little while later so I chose to eat a special treat Joe had picked up for me.  Edy's makes these little single serving tubs of ice cream in fancy flavors.  This Apple Pie flavor was really delicious but I could have had a lot more of another brand for the 190 calories.  Also, I read this blog entry yesterday and now I'm dreaming about trying Ben & Jerry's new flavor.  I'm thinking it would be the perfect treat for running 10 miles this weekend...
How did I do on my March goals?
1. Read 2 books:  no reading done

2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 25 days: 2568 burned - 1410 eaten = 1158 burned, 12 days total
3. 1200 fitness minutes: 50 minutes today, 782 total for month
4. Eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal for at least 20 days: fruit w/breakfast, orange for lunch & broccoli w/dinner, 12 days total
5. 15 spend free days - breakfast & feminine products...I've been doing a lot of spending this month but at least it's on stuff I actually need instead of frivolous things, 2 days total...

1 comment:

  1. First, love the new background!!!
    Second, way to go on the 4 miles!
    Third, I love apple pie ice cream!!! Nom nom, there's a reason I only get ice cream when I'm out though because I wouldn't be able to control myself. I wouldn't eat the whole pint in one sitting or anything but it definitely wouldn't stay in the house very long. I was thinking Rita's would be a nice treat after our run this weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete