3/04/2011

Pour Some Sugar on Me

We're going to see Def Leppard with special guest Heart!  I got an email Friday morning from Live Nation about tickets going on sale, I forwarded it to Joe because he's a big Heart fan.  I got a response about 20 minutes later that we should go, so I bought tickets!  We debated getting a 4 ticket lawn seat package for $100 and finding another couple to come with us but then we remembered we're old and don't enjoy the debauchery of lawn seats anymore.  Plus the concert is on a Sunday night so it might have been hard to convince people to join us.  AND I took the day after the concert off from work so hopefully the weather's nice, BEACH DAY!
Also, YAY it's Friday!  I was a little bit whiny about having to go to work all weekend but still it's the weekend!  I weighed myself and was up just a smidge at 147 but with all the eating out that's not surprising.  I'm not extremely worried about it though because 2 of the pairs of pants I tried to wear were too big!  Who cares about 1 measly pound when your pants are too big?  

At first I was trying to base my outfit around a pair of shoes but it just wasn't working because of the pants so I gave in and put on my black jean leggings from Express.  I already had on this thin white cable knit sweater from Old Navy & white cami from New York & Company so I chose black Naturalizer boots.  I almost went with the slouchy Steve Madden pair but decided they might be getting too much wear time lately.  I also grabbed the pink necklace before running downstairs, I've had it for years and don't even remember where I got it, but I love it even though it's hard to find things to wear it with.
Joe was feeling much better after a good night's rest & offered to make me breakfast before going to the gym.  I had a 2 egg, bacon & laughing cow omelet with sliced tomato and Trop 50 = 342 calories.
My morning at work went really well.  Seemed like everyone was in a good mood because it's the end of the week.  One of my coworkers had a meeting over at the hospital & offered to bring Saladworks back for lunch!  There aren't many stores in our area anymore so it's always a special treat.  She got me a Bentley salad with green goddess dressing and a whole wheat roll = 575 calories.
I got an email a little later in the afternoon from the owner of the restaurant.  He let me know I would have the weekend off.  I wasn't exactly thrilled, I had been counting on the money made this weekend for miscellaneous spending during the week.  I guess I'll definitely be having spend free days now...  I just find it really irritating to be given less then 24 hours notice that I'm free for the weekend, I would have made plans...  


I went to the gym for group power after work.  I wasn't really in the mood, I just wanted it to be over with.  The new release is really tough, it beats the crap out of your upper body.  But that's better then beating up my lower body since I had an 8 mile run scheduled for Saturday. 
I stopped in to see Nicole & Jack when I got home.  Joe showed up pretty soon thereafter and we discussed what to do for dinner.  We had pretty much decided to cook some pork chops until Lou called and said he was stopping at Wendy's.  He swung by and picked up Joe then the two of them headed over to get dinner.  I decided on a class single with everything = 470 calories. 
My meal came came with fries but they were way to salty so Jack worked on them for me.  It was pretty funny, when he was done he let us know by launching everything onto the floor then smiling up sweetly.
I finished up my meal with the most perfect dessert of all time.  A Jr Frosty = 150 calories. 
We visited for a while then finally decided to call it a night.  We hadn't really been home since the morning so we unpacked from work and watched a little tv before going to bed.  I will admit it was nice not to have to worry about getting to bed super early since I didn't have to get up for work in the morning.

How did I do on my March goals?
1. Read 2 books:  I got all but 4 pages of "Sleeping Naked is Green" read before power...maybe I can finish it Saturday and star a new one...
2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 25 days: 2343 burned - 1537 eaten = 806 burned, 1 days total
3. 1200 fitness minutes: 60 minutes today, 160 total for month
4. Eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal for at least 20 days: tomato w/breakfast, salad for lunch, lettuce & tomato w/dinner, 3 days total
5. 15 spend free days - didn't buy anything, 2 days total...

No comments:

Post a Comment