3/18/2011

Kiss Me I'm Irish

And really I am!  When people doubt me (I don't really look irish) I let them know my mom's name is Cathleen Mary O'Connor and it doesn't get more irish then that.  I wanted to make sure to wear my green on Thursday.  One of my coworker's is very proud of her irish heritage and I knew I'd hear about it if I didn't dress accordingly.  This holiday inspired OOTD consists of a green polka dot scarf from The Gap with a green sweater from Ann Taylor Loft, black editor pants from Express and black Naturalizer pumps.
For breakfast I decided to try to make my own oatmeal because I had enjoyed the Starbucks version so much.  I used the ratio Angela told me they use but it was too liquidy for me; 1/3 cup oats, 1/3 cup water, 1/3 cup milk plus 1/3 cup of chopped apple, cooked in the microwave for 1 min 30 seconds.  I poured off the extra liquid then tried a spoonful; it was a little bland so I added a packet of Truvia then poured off some more liquid.  Overall not a bad first effort.  = 175 calories.
I like to pay my bills on pay day & I get paid every other Thursday.  I feel like it makes things easier, I set my TD Bank bill pay to send checks 10 days before they are due, so when the money comes in it also gets scheduled to go out.  For some reason when I was paying off the balance of my Capital One card again this month (YAY for yearly goal accomplished), I noticed 11,000+ reward points listed on the statement.  I thought to myself, hmmm, a reward, I like rewards.  So I went to the site to check it out and do you know what I got for free?!?  Gift cards to Starbucks, The Gap & Home Depot!  I'm donating the $50 Home Depot card to our backyard improvement fund but other two are all mine!  I'm so excited (and a total loser, I'm aware)!
My morning went by quickly and without incident.  I decided to have my lunch at my desk since no one else was eating in the lunchroom at the time.  I ate everything shown except the apple...277 calories.
I saved that apple until about 3pm when I started to get hungry again.  It was a nice afternoon snack, I think I might make this a routine = 71 calories.
Bill & Shana invited us over for St Patty's Day dinner so after work we drove over to Brigantine.  Joe hadn't been to the new house yet or met the dog so we passed by the duplex and went straight there.  The biggest change going on over there is the forced air heating/air conditioning system that's being installed.  Shana sent me the picture below the other day and I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be looking at...  It's their new vents!  The house had electric baseboard heat that they were planning to replace sometime in the future but when they got their first electric bill of $800+ the project was moved to the top of the list.
We spent a little more then an hour wandering around the house before heading back for dinner.  We were all pretty hungry by this point and dove into the artichoke dip my mom had made.  I may have gone a little overboard, I think I had 10 crackers w/dip = 335 calories.
We had corned beef and cabbage with mashed potato for dinner = 581 calories.  It was delicious and Joe asked how it's made so I'm guessing we might be seeing it in our kitchen sometime soon.  Bill used my mom's recipe which is basically just corned beef, cabbage & vegetables in apple juice and brown sugar cooked in a crock pot for 8 hours.
We were responsible for dessert and picked up some cupcakes from Bake Works.  We brought 2 carrot cake, 2 peanut butter, 2 red velvet and 2 mint chocolate.  I cut them all  into quarters so we could try the different flavors, the red velvet was by far every one's favorite.  = 395 calories
We didn't eat until after 8 (a common occurrence in the Kuchinsky household) so we didn't hang out too long after dinner.  We were both tired and ready for bed.  But when we got home Joe was excited to give me one of my birthday presents a month early and who am I to turn down a present?  I was pretty sure I knew what it was though.  I few weeks ago I had mentioned it would be cool to have an iPad2 and Joe's ears perked up because it was an electronic.  I knew they are like $600+ so there's was little chance of my actually getting one.  A few days after that he mentioned that the Samsung Galaxy Tab was on sale for $100 now that the newer Motorola Xoom had come out and would I want one since I was interested in the iPad?  I said sure, I'm not all about having the newest & greatest things, just cool stuff that works well, especially if we could save 100s of dollars.  Needless to say I opened up my very own Tab!  I spent the next hour or so customizing it and downloading all of my favorite apps (you should see how awesome WORDS with friends is on a big screen).
We stayed up later then usual playing with the new toy and I fell asleep while Joe was shopping for a case for it, lol.

How did I do on my March goals?
1. Read 2 books:  no reading done

2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 25 days: 2197 burned - 1834 eaten = 363 burned, 12 days total
3. 1200 fitness minutes: 0 minutes today, 782 total for month
4. Eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal for at least 20 days: apple w/breakfast, orange w/lunch & artichoke w/dinner, 13 days total
5. 15 spend free days - didn't buy anything!  3 days total...
 

2 comments:

  1. If you want oatmeal to be less runny (which mine isn't that runny when I make it, weird, maybe you could microwave longer?), you can just replace the milk with water. The oats soak up milk better. Rob also just uses a 1-to-1 ratio of oats to water but I find that *really* dry! Anyway! Just some tips.

    Very nice of Joe to get you the tablet!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops: soak up the water better :P

    ReplyDelete