3/10/2011

Blogging Burnout?

I have been having a really hard time blogging lately.  I think I may just be getting bored with my own life, if that makes sense.  I write about what happens to me and for the most part the same things happen to me every day.  The only somewhat exciting thing happening for me right now is that I'm debating leaving my second job.  I've come to a point where the work is just not worth the money; but it's such easy money.  I have a plan but it depends on what happens this weekend so I guess we'll see.

But back to Wednesday.  Joe and I had to go into work at about the same time so we were both up and around which is always nice.  I chose to wear a pair of skinny black pants from The Gap for the first time, they were a little tight in the waist so I made sure to wear this heavy sweater from Ann Taylor Loft; a cami from NY & Co and Naturalizer silver flats.  I really feel like it looked better on then it does in this picture, oh well.
You can see Beans in the bottom left of the picture.  She was having a stare down with a squirrel on the deck.  It was pretty funny, she refused to be distracted from her "prey."  You can see the squirrel up on the top railing in this picture.
Joe was excited to make me a new recipe for breakfast.  He found it in his Women's Day magazine, lol.  He made 2 slices of whole wheat oatmeal toast with sunny side up eggs cooked in a hole the middle.  He also broiled some tomato with parmesan cheese, salt & pepper, they were delicious!  He loaded my plate up but I didn't eat all of it.  = 415 calories.
When I got to work I found out that there was an opening to round at our Atlantic City hospital so I offered to go with the ladies.  Unfortunately, the shoes I chose to wear were really comfortable but I didn't wear socks or tights because I don't normally do a lot of walking.  After wandering the hospital for 3 hours I had numerous blisters to take care of.
We stopped to have lunch in the cafeteria before visiting various departments.  I had a turkey & swiss sandwich on rye bread with mustard, lettuce & tomato.  It was tasty but I wasn't super hungry so I only ate half = 195 calories.  Our rounding went extremely well.  It seemed like everyone was happy to see us and we came back with valuable information about how to help make processes run more smoothly.
Because I had the evening off from the gym and Joe was supposed to be out of work early we decided to have a date night and use some gift certificates at Angeloni's in Atlantic City.
I'm excited to report that I learned about the night setting on my phone so the food pictures are a little brighter then usual, but a teeny bit blurry because I have to keep my hands really still.  We decided to share a bottle of Pinot Noir, I thought it was really neat how the waiter made the foil top into a cork holder.  The bread was mediocre, just regular italian bread, I don't think it was even warmed up but I was starving.
We ordered 2 appetizers, the shrimp cakes & scallops wrapped in bacon.  Both came with a honey horseradish sauce.  They were definitely my favorite part of the meal.
My dinner came with a side salad and homemade blue cheese dressing.  I made sure to dip my fork in the dressing instead of pouring it all over the salad though.  It was tough to restrain myself because it was excellent blue cheese, not too blue cheesy if you know what I mean.
For an entree I ordered the Tri Color Ravioli (2 Cheese, 2 Lobster, 2 Shrimp with Crab Rosé Sauce) on my hair stylist's recommendation.  The pasta was good but not so fantastic that I'm raving about it.  In fact I felt that way about pretty much everything...
Dessert is where our night went downhill.  I'm not sure if they were short staffed or what because our waiter seemed to be everywhere but at our table.  We waited probably 15 minutes between the time our table was cleared by the bus boy and when we ordered dessert/coffee.  Then once we had the dessert we waited another 1/2 an hour for him to come back so we could ask for a check.  It was ridiculous!
I'm sure we'll go back again, after all we still have two more gift certificates to use, but I'm hoping the service will improve.  I totaled my meal at 1228 calories.  Even though the service was terrible we had a really nice evening.  We really had a good time together; we laughed a lot and we talked our jobs, the future and our home.  We were exhausted by the time we got home though and went straight upstairs to bed.  I can't handle 2 glasses of wine like I used to...

How did I do on my March goals?
1. Read 2 books:  didn't read at all
2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 25 days: 2003 burned - 1838 eaten = 165 burned, 6 days total
3. 1200 fitness minutes: 0 minutes today, 400 total for month
4. Eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal for at least 20 days: tomato w/breakfast, lettuce & tomato w/lunch & salad w/dinner, 8 days total
5. 15 spend free days - bought my lunch, 2 days total...

No comments:

Post a Comment