3/24/2011

Let it Snow?

This weather is totally crazy!  Tuesday night I ran without gloves or a head band and was sweaty then Wednesday they forecasted snow and we had a crazy thunderstorm was sleet.  I'm not trying to rush summer or keep winter but seriously could mother nature pick one season?  I didn't give my clothes to much thought, I just grabbed a turtle neck sweater from The Gap, white cami for NY & Co, grey columnist pants from Express and grey mary janes from Naturalizer.
Joe offered to make me breakfast before he left for the gym.  I had a glass of Trop 50 and a two egg omelet with tomato, bacon & cheddar cheese = 324 calories. 
My morning at work went by smoothly.  I've been trying to get my filing and cleaning done since the rumor is we're moving into the back half of the office next week.  I had lunch at my desk, again, apparently my hunger doesn't coincide with anyone else's around here = 311 calories.
I was determined to make it to step class at the gym in Egg Harbor Township that night.  I have been telling Christina for weeks I would come try the class but something always came up & stopped me from getting there.  Well not this Wednesday!  The only problem with the class is that it's at 7pm so I have to go home & eat dinner before heading back out.  It's so hard to leave the house once I'm all comfortable on the couch!  For dinner I decided to pick up a Chicken BLT Cobb Salad salad from Wendy's = 570 calories.  I was starving but wanted to keep it light so I wouldn't feel sick during my workout.
I also picked up my free Junior Frosty = 150 calories.  I almost decided not to get one since I have been eating a lot of dessert lately; but how could I pass it up when it's free (and so darn cute)?
At around 6:15 I pried my butt up off the couch and paused 17 Again (love that movie) then ran upstairs to change into some workout gear.  Even though I've seen that movie 5 times I still couldn't leave without watching the end.  Luckily there were only a few minutes left so I was out the door by 6:35 and at the gym about 10 minutes later.  I've heard the class is very popular so I was worried about getting a spot.  When I saw Christina & Joanne walking up to the entrance as I hopped out of the car I knew I'd be safe.  Apparently Vern teaches a group power a class before step so you can't go in early to save room anyway.
I can officially say I'm a convert.  I went over my workout schedule and made the necessary changes so that I can get to step class as often as possible.  Vern kicked my butt!  I was exhausted, dripping and could barely lift my legs by the end of that class.  I called Joe & whined while I drove home then spent the rest of the evening laying on the couch watching American Idol.  We headed up to bed a little while later and I was out as soon as my head hit the pillow.  It is a little bit of a headache going to class that late in the evening, I don't have enough time before or after to get much accomplished but as long as it's only once a week I think I can manage.

How did I do on my March goals?
1. Read 2 books:  no reading for me
2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 25 days: 2429 burned - 1355 eaten = 1074 burned, 17 days total
3. 1200 fitness minutes: 60 minutes today, 1163 total for month
4. Eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal for at least 20 days:  tomato w/breakfast, apple w/lunch & salad for dinner, 16 days total
5. 15 spend free days - used my mac card at Wendy's drive thru, not my proudest moment...6 days total...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment