3/07/2011

Spin the wheel!

I know I did some bitching about having the weekend off from the restaurant, and I'm still not thrilled with that surprise, but boy was it nice to not have an alarm go off on Saturday morning!  I didn't sleep extremely late or anything but it was great to be able to lounge in bed, chat with Joe and take my time getting up.  We debated going out to breakfast but ending up deciding to get bagels and eat at home.  I had a whole wheat bagel with low fat lox cream cheese & a glass of Trop 50 = 440 calories.  Bagels are one of my favorite foods but normally I stay far away from them because the calories can add up quick.  I figured I was safe though because I had an 8 mile run scheduled for the afternoon and I'd need those carbs to power through.
I didn't do much of anything the rest of the morning.  Joe went off to work and I plopped down on the couch to clean out the DVR.  When I had successfully watched most of my shows I went upstairs to get to work on the other DVR.  I heard from Angela around noon, we were both concerned about the weather because there was some serious wind blowing, we debated if, when & where we should run.  I knew I needed to get some kind of workout in, I'd only walked 300 steps by this point.  We decided to meet up at the gym and do whatever we could on the treadmills.  I told myself I was either doing 4 miles or all 8, no stopping in between.  I was still feeling pretty good at the 4 mile mark so I decided to push on to 8 and I did it!  I managed to not only run 8 miles but to do them on a treadmill!
I spent most of the run chatting with Angela or watching Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood on tv.  I was pretty bummed because sometime during the last mile I realized there was an Ugly Betty marathon on!  That would be a perfect show to run to, I used to watch it religiously, so funny & upbeat.  Look at those calories burned!
Angela came prepared with GU energy gel (100 calories) & I bought a Gatorade (50 calories) to refresh our electrolytes after the first 4 miles.  She realized we hadn't been taking care of ourselves mid run like we should be and wanted to test out some flavors.  The GU was chocolate flavored & tasted just like brownie batter, it was a little strange to be sucking well, gu, out of a packet but it worked.  I felt much better on the 2nd half of the run, less cramping and more energetic, we'll definitely be using that again!  I tried the low calorie Gatorade when I finished my bottle of water and it tasted like a grape ice pop, delicious!  I asked Joe to pick me up a case at BJs the next time he works.
I went straight home from the gym and hopped in the shower.  We had our rescheduled dinner with Carol & Chris at 7pm.  Unfortunately Joe was stuck a little late at work so we were just a smidge late for our reservation.  I asked him to take this OOTD picture for me while we were waiting for the elevator in the parking garage.  I had to wear flats because my legs were so tired from the run, I chose my slouchy Steve Madden boots from Macy's with Express jean leggings.  On top I went with a black cami from New York & Company and a ballet sweater from The Gap with a necklace from a Premier jewelry party.  I also used a black sequin bag I got at TJ Maxx a few years back, it's the perfect size to hold everything you need but not as gigantic as my everyday purse.
We decided to try Red Square because of their restaurant week menu options.  We were confused when we sat down because they didn't provide a copy of the menu we had seen online.  I asked the server about it and he said they weren't running the special because it's the weekend.  It seemed odd to me because I had made the reservation through the restaurant week site but I wasn't about to start a fight with the man in the middle of a fancy restaurant so we just ordered from the regular (expensive) menu.  I was famished and a dehydrated from my run so I made sure to drink some water before trying my martini (149 calories) and diving into my dinner roll (84 calories) face first.  Sorry about the pictures they're a little dark & red tinted from the lighting.
I ordered the Goat Cheese Salad (goat cheese fritter, organic baby greens, raspberry vinaigrette) as an appetizer = 290 calories.  I love goat cheese and this salad was awesome.  Not too fancy but the flavors worked nicely together.
For my entree I chose Penne Vodka with Grilled Chicken (three cheese tomato cream sauce, vegetable infused vodka).  It was good, nothing to write home about but tasty, I only ate 2/3 of what I was served then Joe finished off the rest = 495 calories.
We were all pretty full and passed on dessert.  Carol & Chris had to get home to his daughter but Joe and I decided to stay a little while and maybe gamble.  Joe's a big fan of black jack but I'd rather play a $0.05 slot machine and leave it all to chance.  The tables usually have really high minimums on the weekends and it's not really fun for me to just stand there and watch him play so we compromised and decided to play the big wheel.
We started by putting in $50.  Once we played that down to nothing Joe put in another $10.  We hit a couple of decent size payouts when I was pushing the button so I took over as the "lucky" one.  At one point Joe weaseled around me and hit "max bet."  I about had a heart attack because that's a decent amount of money being risked, well, we hit big and it paid out 3750 nickels.  We went from putting in $60 to having a bank of $220!  I was ready to cash out immediately, I mean that's more money then I would have made waitressing all weekend!  Joe wanted to try a few more times and we ended up cashing out with $202, still a decent win, especially for a nickel slot.
We stopped for Starbucks on the way to the car.  I had my favorite Tall Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latter = 90 calories and joked a little bit about my share of the winnings.  Joe didn't seem eager to give me any money so I tried not to be bitter and headed to the car.
We got home around 10pm and watched a little tv before going to bed.  I mentioned I may need a little of our winnings because I had lunch plans with Lorie the next day and Joe just kind of smirked and let my comment roll by.  We went to bed a little while later, I was exhausted after a pretty great day.

How did I do on my March goals?
1. Read 2 books:  even with all my down time I didn't pick up a book...
2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 25 days: 2465 burned - 1698 eaten = 767 burned, 3 days total
3. 1200 fitness minutes: 100 minutes today, 260 total for month
4. Eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal for at least 20 days: oj w/breakfast, salad w/dinner, 4 days total
5. 15 spend free days - bought Gatorade at the gym, 1 day total...

No comments:

Post a Comment