3/08/2011

MORE water?!?!

Well, things weren't much better in the morning.  I was trying to be my normal happy self but Joe was either really tired or ignoring me.  It also didn't help matters that I woke up with a migraine; I know I was dehydrated after my run and hadn't really caught up so I was trying not to take an imitrex.  But after fighting all day Sunday I gave up and took a pill when I got out of the shower.  I know that I sweat a lot on Saturday during that run but seriously how much water do I need to replace it?!?  

I got ready for work but didn't give a lot of thought to my outfit.  I ended up with pink ruffled flats from Payless with tan pants from The Limited.  I happened to have a tank from New York & Company that matched the flats almost perfectly, I can't decided if it's too matchy matchy or not though.  Finally a navy sweater from the Nautica outlet in Atlantic City.
For breakfast I poured myself a bowl of Kashi Go Lean Crunch and sliced a banana into it before realizing we were out of milk.  I called Nicole to make sure she was up then ran next door to borrow some.  Breakfast = 328 calories.
Things got better after that.  Joe had been outside putting a new filter in my car and saw me walk next door.  When he finished he came in and asked what I was doing.  For some reason that broke the ice and we fell back into our regular rhythm.  Everything seemed back to normal when I left for work about 15 minutes later.

I wasn't hungry as noon approached so I held off eating lunch until around 1pm = 277 calories.
After work I was planning to take group power.  Angela & I had rearranged our running schedule for the week just a little so I had the option of taking off Monday or Wednesday.  I was so close to bailing because Joe was off but decided to meet my girls and relax on Wednesday instead.  Who knows, I'll probably end up doing something on Wednesday too...  It was nice to see everyone, it had been weeks since I'd seen Amanda.  Her work schedule had been changing a lot so we weren't in contact much the last week or so.  The class was just as tough as usual except this time I tried to really take note of what hurt after class on Friday and adjust accordingly.
Joe was trying out a new recipe for dinner, shrimp tacos.  It was another one he's been watching on the tv at work.  They were very tasty and only 210 calories each.  There weren't a lot of ingredients and it seemed like something was missing so we spent some time discussing what we could add next time to make them better.  I vote for tomato & cheese but I'm not sure cheese works with shrimp.  Nicole & Jack stopped by to try them and hung out for a little while.  It was too cute watching Joe crawl around on the floor after Jack, I should have taken a picture.
I was still nice and low on calories after dinner so we had our favorite healthy dessert, no sugar added vanilla ice cream with pulots & cinnamon = 130 calories.
We made sure to watch last week's American Idol, for some reason the DVR only taped the results show on Thursday and not the performance episodes on Tuesday & Wednesday.  Luckily the results show is always overkill so we got to see most of what we missed on the performance days.  I was freezing for some reason so Joe made me a cup of Tastefully Simple Butterscotch hot chocolate = 150 calories.  It warmed me right up!  We finished watching tv and headed to bed a little later then usual but I was out the minute my head hit the pillow.
How did I do on my March goals?
1. Read 2 books:  started
Unbearable Lightness
2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 25 days: 2256 burned - 1305 eaten = 951 burned, 5 days total
3. 1200 fitness minutes: 60 minutes today, 350 total for month
4. Eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal for at least 20 days: banana  w/breakfast, orange w/lunch & cabbage w/dinner, 6 days total
5. 15 spend free days - kept my money in my wallet!, 2 days total...

1 comment:

  1. Maybe mango salsa or something similar would taste good in the shrimp tacos?

    ReplyDelete