3/13/2011

change is a coming...

I was in a crazy good mood on Friday morning.  Joe & I talked about something the night before and there are exciting changes on the horizon for me.  I'll talk more about it once it's all finalized though.  I had some issues with what to wear and I'm not sure I made the right decision in the end; but I was out of time.  I started my morning in the outfit on the left but after taking the picture I decided I didn't like the look; sweater from Old Navy, long sleeve t-shirt from The Gap, necklace from Macy's, jeans from Express & boots from Macy's.  I went upstairs with about 15 minutes before I had to walk out the door for work and came back down in the outfit on the right; sweater from Ann Taylor Loft, cami from H&M, necklace from Macy's, pants from The Limited (at least 2 sizes too big), belt from Target & boots from Naturalizer outlet in AC.
I was super low on time because of my wardrobe change so I didn't get a chance to eat breakfast.  Luckily, I had two different lunch options in the fridge at work.  I decided to eat some yogurt and a mandarin orange at my desk.  Unfortunately, I dropped the orange on the floor when I was trying to cut and peel it so I only really ate the yogurt = 140 calories.
That left me with the other half of my turkey and brie sandwich for lunch = 386 calories.
Work went really well, I got a lot done and prepped for my meetings on Monday.  Around 2pm I got a text message from one of the waitresses at the restaurant letting me know I had another weekend off.  I asked her to let the boss know I'd be in to talk to him on Saturday.  All these last minute schedules changes really weren't working for me.  I got hungry just before the end of my shift so I had a 100 calorie bar to hold me over until after the gym.
I really did not want to work out but I told Christina & Joanne I would meet them at group power.  It really helps to let people know I'm planning on working out, this way even when I really want to bail I won't because they're expecting me.  The class went well, my upper body was beat down as usual but the room was cool again so I wasn't too gross.
I stopped to visit with Nicole & Jack when I got home and Joe walked in a few minutes later.  We were all debating what to have for dinner.  We finally landed on ordering subs from Primo Pizza.  I really like their BBQ Chicken Wrap (Chopped Grilled Chicken, Melted American Cheese with Zesty BBQ Sauce) and hadn't eaten one in probably a year = 530 calories.  It's also great because it's not huge like most restaurant portions, I was finished eating before everyone else had started their 2nd halves.
We spent a little while hanging out and catching up before heading home.  I was stressed about my conversation at the restaurant and just needed some quiet time.  Joe and I went over what I wanted to say a few times before calling it a night.

How did I do on my March goals?
1. Read 2 books:  read some more of Unbearable Lightness, about 20% done now
2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 25 days: 2256 burned - 1156 eaten = 1100 burned, 8 days total
3. 1200 fitness minutes: 60 minutes today, 520 total for month
4. Eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal for at least 20 days: blueberries w/breakfast, nothing w/lunch & nothing w/dinner, 8 days total
5. 15 spend free days - I registered for the GMAT!, 2 days total...

No comments:

Post a Comment