3/09/2011

Let there be light!

I'm not even sure I can express how excited I am about daylight savings time beginning on Sunday!  Tuesday could have been the last day I had to run afer dark!  Soon we'll be able to start playing tennis again!  For some reason I'm just crazy excited about it, lol. 

However, there's something about this OOTD that's not as exciting.  I thought the necklace worked really well & I even got a few compliments on it at work but I think it makes me look boxy on top or something.  The stats are: sweater from Ann Taylor Loft, cami from NY & Co, pants from The Limited, shoes from Naturalizer and necklace from a Premier party (it's called First Lady, makes me giggle).
We had about 4 bananas left that were fading fast so I decided to make some protein shakes for breakfast = 392 calories.
I was really busy at work.  I'm not someone that stresses easily but I've had a lot of projects that look big on paper happening lately.  They're not really hard once I start working on them but I let them overwhelm me first and just when I'm about to crack I start working on them and knock them out in no time.  Anyway, one of them took the majority of my morning.  I even had my lunch at my desk = 277 calories.
I finally ran out of M&Ms on my desk but luckily I had this box of Whoppers left over from a vendor gift.  I snacked on them all afternoon, I think I had about 9 = 95 calories.
I spent some money without asking Joe.  I felt bad about it but I feel pretty strongly about what I bought.  I read a blog post about preparing for marriage & it contained a review of a sort of pre-cana/therapy session you can do on your own called Saving Your Marriage Before it Starts.  Now, I know that Joe and I aren't engaged yet but I truely feel like we will be married one day and when that happens we probably won't have a church wedding so there will be no pre-cana.  Also, Joe's not a big sharer so I didn't see him wanting to see someone for premarital counseling.  Seemed to me this could be a really eye opening experience.  Plus if we learn something unsettling about each other isn't it better that we do it now?  It comes with a DVD & workbooks, I'll have to let you know how it goes when we actually do it.  You may also be wondering if Joe's into it, I started by telling him I bought something without asking, he asked what so I told him.  He didn't respond for a while so I asked if he was mad at me, he responded "I'll let you know after we read the book."  My feeling is that he can't be that mad if he's willing to give it a shot...
I met Angela at the gym to run 4 miles after work.  We had been planning to run outside but it was a little cooler then I had hoped when I left work so we switched to inside.  I had a pretty good run other then having to run to the bathroom half way through...  I think it added up to about 45 minutes of actual running.
Joe and I got home at pretty much the same time which is always nice.  I made dinner for the first time in a while, Whole Grain Helper Lemon & Herb Chicken with a side of broccoli = 324 calories.  I thought it was ok but it was too sweet for Joe's palette so he added some hot sauce.  I'm guessing we won't be getting that one again...
I had a lot of calories left so I had some ice cream with pulots = 260 calories.  Joe doubled my portion, partially to get rid of the pulots before they went bad and partially because I had a LOT of calories left.
We spent the rest of the evening watching tv and messing around on the computer, nothing too exciting.  It was really nice to be home together though.  It's so rare we get home at the same time and get to hang out all night.

How did I do on my March goals?
1. Read 2 books:  read some more 
Unbearable Lightness while I waited for Angela at the gym
2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 25 days: 2433 burned - 1348 eaten = 1085 burned, 6 days total
3. 1200 fitness minutes: 50 minutes today, 400 total for month
4. Eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal for at least 20 days: banana  w/breakfast, orange w/lunch & broccoi w/dinner,76 days total
5. 15 spend free days - ordered the book, 2 days total...

No comments:

Post a Comment