3/11/2011

rain rain go away

I was on my own Thursday morning, Joe had to be at a meeting by 7am so I had the house to myself.  It didn't take too long to get ready and I didn't second guess my outfit once, pretty impressive right?  Since the weather was supposed to be flooding rains I didn't want to wear anything too fancy.  I chose a green sweater from Old Navy with a cream cami from NY & Co.  Then navy dress pants from The Limited with an older pair of booties from Naturalizer that look more rugged.  The lighting is pretty terrible in the this picture, you can't even make out my shoes...
I wanted to finish off the bananas so I made protein shakes = 392 calories.  I hoped Joe would be excited to see his in the fridge when he got home.  update: he didn't notice it until dinner time, lol.  Apparently Ian was really interested in my shake...
I was all set to eat my leftover lunch from Wednesday but then Dee had to go and offer up Formica Bros for lunch!  Serisouly, the place is a bakery that makes the best sandwichs on fresh bread.  I caved and had the Turkey and Brie (turkey and brie served on crusty French bread with fresh herbs and dijon mustard vinaigrette).  I only ate half because I mean, look at the size of that sandwich = 386 calories.
After work I had planned to meet the girls at kick boxing but Amanda had a little accident in the parking garage at work and broke 2 of her toes.  She was hoping to feel better by Thursday's class but didn't.  We had a small showing again, only about 5 people.  The room was very cold which is weird since yoga runs the heaters in the class before; we didn't even have to turn on the fans.
Joe had the day off from work and was trying another new recipe for dinner, easy chicken enchiladas = 588 calories.  It was tasty but we both felt like something was missing, we're thinking about maybe adding tomato & rice next time.
I was still super low on calories after dinner so I indulged in an ice cream treat Joe had picked up on his last trip to the store.  It was delicious but still at 160 calories I could have had something better...
We spent the evening discussing things to come & watching American Idol.  I know I've been saying this a lot lately but I feel like we're in a great place right now, really appreciating each other and trying to stay open.

How did I do on my March goals?
1. Read 2 books:  knocked out about a half hour reading in the car before the gym.  This book is really fantastic, makes me think twice about all this food/exercise obsession and what's too far.
2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 25 days: 2674 burned - 1525 eaten = 1149 burned, 7 days total
3. 1200 fitness minutes: 60 minutes today, 460 total for month
4. Eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal for at least 20 days: banana w/breakfast, nothing w/lunch & corn w/dinner, 8 days total
5. 15 spend free days - finished my taxes!  but had to pay the turbo tax fee, 2 days total...

No comments:

Post a Comment