3/25/2011

Fashion, turn to the left. Fashion, turn to the right.

Seriously you guys, I have a problem.  I was 15 minutes late for work on Thursday because I couldn't decide what black shoes to wear!  It was absolutely insane, I was taking pictures of myself in each pair to decide what I liked better then ended up changing my ENTIRE OUTFIT at the time I should have been walking out the door!  Here's what I ended up in, which isn't even that exciting.  The sweater & scarf are from Ann Taylor Loft, the skinny black dress pants are from The Gap and the boots are Steve Madden from Macy's. 
Since I had already called and told work I was going to be late I made sure to take time to eat something before running out the door.  I made myself a bowl of oatmeal and inhaled it.  This was probably my best bowl yet; 1/3 cup oats, 1/2 cup milk, 1 tbsp brown sugar & a sliced banana = 321 calories.
Joe had the day off from work and offered to take me out for lunch!  We went around the corner to Gary's and were in and out in no time.  It's incredible how fast that place turns tables over.  I had a grilled ham & cheese on rye and barely touched the french fries = 481 calories.
I was crazy excited to not be working out that evening.  My calves had started aching from the beating in step class around 2pm and it was getting worse as the day progressed.  I definitely needed a day off from the gym!  Joe was working in the backyard creating new flower beds and grading the area by our deck stairs when I got home from work.  I really need to start helping out back there a little more (great exercise), I just really hate getting dirty... 
When I walked in the house I was happy to see my Garmin had already been delivered!  I <3 amazon prime!  I haven't even taken it out of the package yet though because I'm not going to have a chance to use it before Sunday so why torture myself?  Although, Angela says I should read the manual and all before I use it for the first time...
I was pretty hungry but didn't want to eat anything major since we had dinner plans with Carol & Chris.  I cut out 1/4 of a red velvet cupcake = 71 calories, lol.
I was especially excited for our dinner plans because I'd get to pick Carol & Chris' brains about our summer vacation destination...UTAH!
Okay, so I'm sure you're all like, "why on earth are you going on vacation to Utah?"  Well, my mom turns 60 this year and instead of a party she asked that we all go on vacation together.  The thing is, my mother is not what one would call a beach bunny, she would not have fun at an all-inclusive resort on some island.  So we started talking about going out west instead, do some hiking, maybe see some national parks, she could go geocaching (more on that some other time).  But we were having a hard time nailing down exactly where to go and the cost involved.  Then at my jewelry party back in February, the subject came up and my friend Carol mentioned that her boyfriend owns a house in Park City, Utah and we could probably use it!  I spoke to him and he offered us a great deal to rent the "house" at the end of August.  Here are a few pictures of where we'll be staying.
Needless to say we're pretty psyched!  But Joe has asked me a few times, "what are we actually going to do out there?"  I really didn't have a clue but Chris said there are tennis courts and a pool in the development so there's that.  And really, I could just sit on that deck with my kindle for a week and have no complaints.  Anyway, around 6 we headed over to Charlie's to meet up for dinner and drinks.
We sat at the bar and ordered dinner.  I knew I had to try to go light since I wasn't burning much.  I decided on The Big Salad (romaine & iceberg lettuce, bermuda onions, cherry tomatoes, black olives, cucumbers & hard boiled egg) with a piece of grilled chicken tossed in wing sauce & ranch dressing (Charlie's makes their own ranch and it is one of my favorite things in this world) = 336 calories.  Isn't it crazy how few calories are in salad?!?
Before, during & after eating we talked about Utah.  They assured us that there is no shortage of things to do out there.  They mentioned delicious restaurants, great outlet shopping (they've flown out with only a carry-on then purchased all their clothing there), hiking, horseback riding, mountain biking, fly fishing, etc.  The list went on and on.  Carol is going to put some information together for me so that we can plan accordingly.  Now we're really excited!  We parted ways just before 9pm.  A few of Joe's guy friends were watching the Flyers game at a bar down the road so I dropped him off and headed home.  Once there I just spent a little time folding laundry and watching tv before calling it night.

How did I do on my March goals?
1. Read 2 books:  no reading for me
2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 25 days: 2029 burned - 1209 eaten = 820 burned, 18 days total
3. 1200 fitness minutes: 0 minutes today, 1163 total for month
4. Eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal for at least 20 days:  banana w/breakfast, nothing w/lunch & salad for dinner, 16 days total
5. 15 spend free days - no moolah spent...7 days total...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment