2/28/2011

There aren't enough days in the weekend. ~ RS

I didn't realize it at the time but now that I'm looking back on the weekend, I was really busy!  I had to get up for work at the restaurant on Saturday and after staying up later then usual on Friday night I was a little whiny.  I got my act together and was actually over there a little ahead of schedule, I like having everything set up and ready when Mike gets in.  I started to get a little hungry around 8 so Mike made me a couple of eggs before we got too busy = 415 calories.
We weren't too busy which I was happy about because I had planned on an 8 mile run with Angela after work.  It seemed like everyone was a little moody, customers & coworkers, sometimes I have to wonder is if it's just me when that happens, how can that many people all be having a bad day?  But I can't complain, I made like $62 and was home by 12:30.  I made sure to make myself something to eat as soon as I walked in the door so that I would feel ok for the run.  I ended up just putting some pulled pork & cheese on a sandwich thin = 430 calories.  I was on a little bit of a tight schedule because I was meeting some people to start planning a shower for a friend.
Angela & Rob were doing some shopping at the outlets in Atlantic City that morning and I think she forgot that I had plans for after our run because they ended up not getting home until around 2.  She still needed to eat & change before we could head out.  I'm sure I probably could have squeezed everything in and made it work but I'm too type A to cut it so close.  We decided to move some runs around and just do a quick 4 miles instead of the planned 8 since that would shave about 45 minutes off of our workout.  We decided to run near my house, through some of the neighborhoods and a little of the bike path.  It went pretty well, we finished in just under 50 minutes.  I had to take a few walking breaks because my ankle was bothering me when we started and towards the end my knee was aching a little.
I only had about an hour to jump in the shower, get dressed and head out to meet up with the girls which is part of the reason Friday's blog post didn't go up until this morning.  My OOTD isn't too exciting since I wasn't really trying to impress anyone.  I wore a green Gap fleece (which I thought was way more flattering) with a white Hanes tank top, my Etsy neklace and Express jeans.  I wasn't sure what to do about shoes and ended up with some brown New Balance sneakers.  It's so funny what running has done to me, the sneakers I wore were pretty uncomfortable and normally it wouldn't have really bothered me but now I notice how it effects the way I walk and what happens to my whole body because of some crappy sneakers.
I met the ladies at Applebee's and we order dinner while we talked about our shower plans (don't worry, I'm almost 100% sure this friend doesn't read my blog).  I ordered one of the under 550 calorie items, Grilled Dijon Chicken and Portabello = 450 calories.  It was a great ego boost because I hadn't seen any of the girls for at least a year and even though we're Facebook friends they were pretty surprised by how different I look.
I'm not going to be able to attend my friend's shower as it conflicts with something else I have going on, the Broad St run.  I offered to take care of a few things that could be done ahead of time and then one of the other girls will just bring them to the actual shower.  I'm taking care of favors and thank you cards.  Luckily, Nicole is super crafty so we'll be working on this together.  I'm thinking about doing sugar cookies like these individually wrapped for favors.
I hung out with the girls for about two hours before we all went our separate ways for the rest of the evening.  When I got home Lou & Joe were hanging out watching the Flyers in the living so I went next door to hang with Nicole and Jack.  After about an hour Lou came home so I decided to head back to my house too.  We watched a little tv then went to bed, I was super tired, I'm pretty sure I fell asleep on the couch a few times.
I also snacked on two of these pretzels left over from the jewelry party = 260 calories.

How did I do on my February goals?
1. Read 2 books:  didn't get any reading done
2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 20 days: 2560 burned - 1555 eaten = 1005 burned, 21 days total (goal met)
3. 1000 fitness minutes, not allowed to count walking at the restaurant: 50 minutes today, 1145 total for month (goal met)
4. Eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal for at least 20 days: nothing w/breakfast, nothing  w/lunch, broccoli w/dinner, 10 days total
5. 10 spend free days - bought my dinner, 12 days total (goal met)...

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize it was so late when we were still out and that you meeting was "early" (thinking "Saturday night" doesn't not equal to 6:00 in my head I guess. haha). Anyway! We had a great run though! And those cookies look fun. Let me know if you need any help!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete