2/17/2011

I’ve been rich and I’ve been poor: Rich is better. ~ ST

I was doing a lot of thinking about money on Wednesday.  I read this post on Weddingbee where the ladies were talking about how they handle their finances as a couple now that their wedding is over.  I was impressed by how many are free from small debts (credit cards, student loans, etc).  I would love to be able to pay my credit cards off every month!  I'd especially like to go into a marriage with things paid off, it doesn't seem fair to inflict my debt on Joe.  I have come leaps & bounds closer to being more financially stable in the last few years but I'm still not paying off balances every month.  Well, guess what?  That's my new goal!  I even used the majority of my end of the year bonus to pay off a credit card yesterday!  I'm going to work on paying off any bill I get (except my mortgage) each month.  Since we all know I have a bit of a shopping problem, I knew I would need reinforcements to curb my spending.  I've worked out a deal with Joe where I have to get him on board with my purchases before buying anything.  If he can't be convinced I need it, then I can't have it.  Fingers crossed I can keep the temper tantrums to a minimum when he tells me no, lol.  I'm hoping that having to run purchases past him will keep me from being frivolous, like I'll decide a new shirt isn't really necessary if I have to convince Joe.  Wish me luck!

Wednesday OOTD: cowl neck sweater from Ann Taylor Loft, tank from New York & Company, even though you can't tell the pants are kind of a mustard color with a brown plaid pattern from Ann Taylor Loft and my shoes are from The Gap.  I feel like the angle on the picture is funny since Joe's so much taller them me, my feet look SO small.  I'm planning to set up a tripod so I can just hit the button morning but it's in Joe's car which is still in the shop...
I had another bowl of Kashi Go Lean Crunch for breakfast = 346 calories.  It really keeps me extremely full!
I wasn't hungry at lunch time again, I really should just stay at my desk until I'm hungry but then I won't know who's around to eat with... = 380 calories.
I was determined to get that missed 3 mile run in!  Joe was scheduled out of work at 5:30 so we were hoping to run outside together.  But I called him when I left work around 5 and he didn't answer.  I assumed he was busy and wouldn't be home on time so I made plans to meet Amanda at the gym instead.
My run went alright.  I set the treadmill at 5.3 and just went with it the whole time, it took about 34 minutes and I had no problems with my chest or my knee.  I was a little more antsy then the last few times I ran but I think it's because I wasn't interested in what was on the news.  I was hungry when I got home and still hadn't heard from Joe so I decided to finish off the broccoli noodle casserole I made over the weekend.  I'm not positive of the calories because I didn't keep track of exactly how much cheese I used when I made it but I found a listing on my phone that sounds close enough, I'm going with 629 calories.  I think that seems high but I had 12 peanut m&m's at work so I figure they'll help even it out.
It's a good thing I didn't wait for Joe, he ended up getting stuck at work until 7:30!  He called to see if I'd eaten dinner yet; since I had, he decided to grab some food and a drink with a coworker out at Applebee's by the store.  I wasn't really hungry but wanted something sweet so I had another variety of weight watchers ice cream bar (= 100 calories) before bed.
I went upstairs around 9 and watched a couple of shows on the DVR (90210, Law & Order: SVU) until Joe got home around 10:30.  We talked about our days for a few minutes then I switched the tv to something he'd like and was asleep in 5 minutes.

How did I do on my February goals?
1. Read 2 books:  I managed to squeeze in a few pages before my run.
2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 20 days: 2369 burned - 1455 eaten = 914 burned, 12 days total
3. 1000 fitness minutes, not allowed to count walking at the restaurant: 40 minutes today, 655 total for month
4. Eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal for at least 20 days: banana w/breakfast, fruit w/lunch, broccoli w/dinner, 7 days total
5. 10 spend free days - woohoo, didn't buy anything, 6 days total

1 comment:

  1. I love Kashi Go Lean Crunch! But Rob will eat it all if I buy it. Haha :)

    I might have to join you on the spending/paying off thing. This month has been crazy for spending for me. Totally abnormal and I need to knock it off before it becomes a habit!!! You can do it!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete