2/21/2011

Life is short...running makes it seem longer. ~ BH

The first thing I did when I woke up on Sunday morning was check my phone.  I always check my email and woot but this morning I was also concerned about the weather.  I had a 7 mile run planned for after work and the forecast had been switching back and forth about how windy it would be and I hate windy running.  Unfortunately, it said the wind wasn't letting up anytime soon.  This really screwed with my head and I had a hard time moving past it all morning.  I was toying with trying to run it on the treadmill but wasn't sure if that would be too much torture.  I tried to forget about it & got ready for work. On the way out the door I grabbed a banana and a granola bar = 295 calories.
Work was slow early on but it picked up a little before noon.  I ended up making about $75 and got home just before 1pm.  I knew I needed to eat before my run so I used the rest of the pulled pork to make a sandwich = 430 calories.
Angela was totally against running on the treadmill so I gave in and agreed to give the outdoors a shot.  We decided to try Birch Grove Park and the surrounding neighborhoods this time.  I hoped the dirt would be better on my knee and that the trees might cut down the wind.
I think our run went really well, the weather wasn't nearly as bad as I built it up to be in my head.  As you can see, we did the 7 miles in 1 hour 22 minutes which I think is great since our 6 miles took 1 hour 16 minutes!  I'm still not loving the distance running but I figure once I get through Broad St I can go back to topping out at 5 miles if I want.  Plus I'd really like to start working with some of my friends on C25K, it's a really great program.  Anyway, I went straight home from the park and into a hot shower hoping it would cut down any soreness.  My body is pretty tired today but nothing hurts!  I also made sure to drink a bottle of water, I didn't want a replay of whatever happened to me on Friday.  While I was waiting for Joe to get home from work so we could decide on dinner I had a few peanut butter filled pretzels as a snack = 70 calories. 
Joe made it home around 7 we discussed what to have for dinner, pretty much deciding between leftovers or no.  I was all about eating something delicious since I burned 800 (!) calories running that 7 miles.  It didn't take too long to settle on Wendy's; I've been admiring their asiago chicken sandwich from afar for a few weeks now.  Within minutes we were enjoying our dinner (I guess that's why they call it fast food).  It wasn't nearly as good as I had hoped, I guess I'm just getting used to eating fresher, healthier food.  I kept thinking it would have been better on a different roll with romaine lettuce; and the fries were SO salty I gave up after eating half.  Dinner = 720 calories
We spent some time watching shows on the DVR (The Mentalist & Fringe) while I counted the minutes until I could dig into my Jr Frosty = 150 calories.  I don't like to eat it right after dinner, it ruins the specialness, it's nice to save it like a real dessert.
I didn't post an OOTD because I didn't get wear anything but gym clothes all day.  My running gear was the closest I came to "getting dressed" and I don't think anyone's particularly interested in seeing that get up.  But if I'm wrong let me know & I'll keep it in mind for next time :-)

How did I do on my February goals?
1. Read 2 books:  didn't get any reading done
2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 20 days: 2867 burned - 1665 eaten = 1202 burned, 15 days total
3. 1000 fitness minutes, not allowed to count walking at the restaurant: 90 minutes today, 870 total for month
4. Eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal for at least 20 days: banana w/breakfast, nothing w/lunch, lettuce & tomato w/dinner, 8 days total
5. 10 spend free days - didn't buy anything, 10 days total (goal met)

No comments:

Post a Comment