2/01/2011

squeezing in a date night

Monday was the last day of January, a day I had been looking forward to & dreading all at the same time.  It was time to put up or shut up in terms of accomplishing monthly goals.  I knew a few of them were going to be close & that I had to be on my best behavior all day if I wanted to accomplish them.  I started the day with a healthy breakfast sandwich & glass of Trop 50 = 345 calories.
As I was heading out the door to go to work my dearest boyfriend says, "we haven't had a date night yet this month, think we can squeeze it in tonight?"  How romantic...  I thought about it for a minute then pointed out that it would be tight because neither of us would be home before 7:30, maybe we could figure out a nice evening at home.  He told me he'd think about it & talk to me later.  I heard from him a little later on in the morning.  Apparently his day at work was going well and he was feeling lucky so he brought up heading into Atlantic City for the evening.  I'm not a huge fan of going out in the city on a normal weekend night but I definitely wasn't feeling it after a long day at work, sweaty workout at the gym & all 2 hours before bedtime.  I suggested maybe some wine & sushi while watching Dexter On Demand, then went to lunch.  I really enjoyed the fresh fruit I packed instead of a packaged fruit cup = 350 calories.
I had been feeling extremely tired and out of it all day so I tired to perk myself up with some sugar in the form of M&Ms from a vendor = 73 calories. 
After work I went to group power at the gym with Christina.  I pretty much only see her at our class on Monday night so we make sure to get all of our updates and complaining in between songs.  It was crazy hot in there for some reason and I was happy we had decided not to go out for dinner.  I called Joe on my way home after class and tried to work out what to do for dinner.  It's funny, like 90% of our disagreements are about what to eat.  We went back and forth between sushi, Thai or cooking the ground turkey that was in the fridge.  Finally sushi won out.  I wanted to make sure there was enough food, most of the time when we go out for sushi we end up ordering more after the food comes out because it's so good and not extremely filling.  I ordered shrimp tempura, 2 Linwood rolls, a rich and famous roll, a spicy tuna roll, a Philadelphia roll, an eel cucumber roll and an order of edamame.  We had plenty to eat and even had to force the last 3 pieces down, I totaled my calories for dinner w/white wine at 869 calories. 
The jewelry cleaner I ordered finally came in and I was excited to clean my blue ring.  After dinner we read the manual & stuck my ring in for about 4 minutes.
It looked a little cloudy when it came out so I grabbed some of the purple cleaner we got at a home show and scrubbed at it with a toothbrush.  It was good as new!  Here's an after picture I took.
I'm pretty sure I didn't leave it in long enough & I ran it with only water, we were trying to be careful after all.  A little while later I put 4 of my other rings in with 10mL of cleaner and ran it the full 8 minutes, they came out really clean!  I'm pretty excited to use this now instead of having to scrub them, for some reason I really hate having to clean my jewelry by hand.  Anyway, we spent the next few hours watching American Idol and dozing in and out (that's what happens when you give me wine).

How did I do on my January goals?
1. drink 64oz of water every day: check, 1 day missed
2. track all my food & burn at least 500 calories a day for at least 25 days: 2322 burned -1777 eaten = 545 total burned, 25 days total
3. 1000 fitness minutes, not allowed to count walking at the restaurant: 60 minutes today, 1017 total for month
4. run 20 miles: 0 today, 32.6 total
5. 15 spend free days - I didn't buy anything, only 9 days total

No comments:

Post a Comment