Perhaps an ice pick through the eye would help.

Well the bottle of water & good night sleep didn't help.  I woke up numerous times during the night because my head was still killing me.  I get what are called facial migraines so it usually hurts around one of my eyes, I used to mistake them for sinus headaches until my doctor pointed out the sinus headaches don't usually bring people to tears.  Sometimes it helps to put pressure on the area so I'll try sleeping on that side of my face then I'll try to sleep with my arm thrown over that part of my face when that doesn't work I try sleeping on my back...  Well, around 5:45 Friday morning I finally gave in and took an imitrex in hopes that it would clear up before my alarm went off at 6:30.  No dice.  I took two aleve before getting in the shower and then used the neti pot in case it really was something with my sinuses.  I never call out of work or anything because of it, this is just my life sometimes...  I got dressed in some comfortable casual clothes and hoped breakfast & coffee would help. 

My OOTD is sponsored by New York & Company; the scarf, tunic and tank are all from there.  I'm sporting my awesome black skinny jeans from Express again because it's Friday with the same Steve Madden slouchy boots I wore on Tuesday.
Joe offered to make me breakfast since I was feeling so crappy.  I had a glass of Trop 50, a cup of french vanilla coffee and a two egg omelet with bacon and laughing cow cheese = 332 calories.
Surprisingly I felt much better almost immediately.  But now I don't know what it was that cured me.  Was it the imitrex finally kicking in 2 hours after I took it?  Was it the aleve?  Could it be the food or caffeine?  I'll never know.  This happens a lot because I get frustrated when one method doesn't work so I just try everything else at the same time...

Work was a breeze now that my head was feeling better.  I waited until after noon to eat lunch which made my afternoon seem much shorter.  I had a mandarin orange, fuji apple & greek yogurt = 248 calories.
Before work that morning I had text messaged some of the girls I hadn't gotten RSVPs from for my jewelry party that night.  I was surprised and a little annoyed that I hadn't heard back from any of them all morning/early afternoon.  My friend Christina said she was having issues with her phone but I didn't think anything of it because I had been using mine for WORDS with friends during lunch.
I called my sister on my way home from work to hear about the new puppy she & Bill were getting and my phone froze up.  I took the battery off to restart it & tried the call again.  When Shana answered the phone she said she'd been texting me all day long & asked why hadn't I answered her.  I let her know I hadn't gotten any texts and when I checked my phone I realized I hadn't gotten any texts since 9am!  Now I felt bad for being annoyed at my friends for not getting back to me.  I spent the rest of my drive home listening to Shana tell the story of the puppy they were getting.  Isn't he adorable?  He was tied to a fence during a storm & taken in by a city worker.
I didn't have a lot of time to mess around when I got home because I had to get things cleaned up for the party at 7pm.  But first I quickly texted everyone and let them know my phone was messed up and I hadn't gotten any messages they may have sent.  Well, my phone blew up, I probably got 35 message in the next 15 minutes.  So now I was running around cleaning, getting food ready and responding to everyone, lol.  I later learned from Amanda that I hadn't been getting calls either, she had tried numerous times only to have it ring straight to voicemail...  I had barely gotten everything straightened out when Heather showed up to set up the show.  Beans was a big fan and hung out on or near the table all night long.
I think everyone had a really good time, we had yummy food & a few glasses of wine.  I was surprised that 4 of my friends even booked their own parties for the spring and summer.  I ended up with $346 worth of free jewelry and didn't get to bed until almost midnight!  Here's the food we went through:
I ordered a couple of pizzas from Mack n Manco and Amanda brought over some Wheat Thins & two kinds of hummus.
I made two Tastefully Simple dips.  A Cheesy Chive Beer dip (super good) and a Carrot Cake cheese ball (to die for).
Christina brought over some chocolate covered pretzels and I put out veggie & fruit trays.
I picked on pretty much everything throughout the night and totaled my calories at 859.

How did I do on my February goals?
1. Read 2 books:  didn't get any reading done
2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 20 days: 2275 burned - 1439 eaten = 836 burned, 20 days total (goal met)
3. 1000 fitness minutes, not allowed to count walking at the restaurant: 0 minutes today, 1095 total for month (goal met)
4. Eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal for at least 20 days: nothing w/breakfast, apple & orange w/lunch, fruit/veggies w/dinner, 10 days total
5. 10 spend free days - bought the pizza, 12 days total (goal met)...

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture of Beans in the jewelry! Fun party!