2/09/2011

It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun. ~ RK

Yeah, so remember yesterday's post where I was all, "it's a new week and I'm going to eat better"?  Well that kind of went out the window on Tuesday, I started off really well though.  Angela recommended that I change up my standard meals to get things moving again.  She gave me a few ideas, one of which being Breakstone's cottage doubles.  I have always said that I don't like cottage cheese but when I really thought about it I couldn't remember ever trying it so I decided to give it a shot.  I picked up a peach flavored package (130 calories) at WaWa when I grabbed Monday's lunch & kept it for later.  Since we were out of bananas & tomato for breakfast I figured it's now or never.  Well, I was right, I don't like cottage cheese!  It doesn't really taste like anything but it was the consistency that got me, I ended up having to gag it down without with chewing.  I immediately crossed it off the grocery list.
My morning at work has pretty normal, nothing exciting going on, just a lot of banging & dust.  Joe had the day off and asked if I wanted to have lunch with him.  I said ok and he replied with "be there in a minute," well it was only 11:20, totally not lunch time yet.  I told him to wait until at least noon but he said he had something to give me so he was coming in now.  He came into the office with 5 shamrock shakes from McDonald's, my favorite!  They just came back out on Monday for St Patrick's Day so Joe decided to treat me & my coworkers, he's so sweet, there were lots of murmurs about having him cloned, lol.  I couldn't pass it up so I drank mine right then = 416 calories.
Needless to say I wasn't hungry for lunch anymore so Joe left to go meet up with his dad & I got back to work.  The afternoon went by quickly and I got 2 big projects out of the way.  I had an appointment at the hair salon after work for a quick cut & blow dry.  I know I was just there 2 weeks ago but my hair had grown really quickly and was already looking straggly.
Joe went in before me, his hair had gotten really long too but it had been much longer since his last cut.  He keeps joking about growing it long again, I'm totally against this...  He went to run some errands while I was beautified and we planned to meet up at Red Robin when I was done then go see a movie.  I had been going over the restaurant's menu all afternoon trying to figure out what I wanted to eat and how I was going to fit it in to my calories when I wasn't exercising at all.  Plus was I going to get popcorn or candy at the movies?  It was really stressing me out, I had been toying with saying screw it & eating anything and everything I wanted for the evening.  My hair cut ended up taking almost an hour which is pretty much the norm for my super thick hair but we had hoped I would be done sooner.  I met Joe at the restaurant and we discussed our options.  We decided to stay and eat then go home and get a movie on demand instead of rushing to the theater, there wasn't anything we were dying to see anyway.  I also asked what Joe thought about my free eating plan, he was apprehensive at first but then said he thought I should go for it, so I did!  I ordered a pub burger with garlic parmesan fries = 1544 calories and it was worth every single one.
After dinner we headed home & searched on demand for a movie we both wanted to watch, we decided on Iron Man 2.  It was pretty good, I'd definitely watch it again but I did fall asleep for a little bit in the middle.
Can you blame me?  I had some hot chocolate (158 calories) & reese's pieces (158 calories) as we started watching then curled up under my electric blanket.  It's hard to stay awake! 

I don't feel guilty at all for going so crazy.  I know it can't happen all the time but I haven't eaten like that in a long long time.  Although I used to eat like that pretty regularly which explains a lot...  The funniest part of this whole thing is that this morning (Wednesday) I pulled the scale out of its hiding place to see if last night's escapades made a difference & I'm down 2 lbs to 148, lol!

How did I do on my February goals?
1. Read 2 books: Didn't read anything...
2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 20 days: 1935 burned - 2475 eaten = +540, nothing burned, 5 days total
3. 1000 fitness minutes, not allowed to count walking at the restaurant: 0 minutes today, 410 total for month
4. Eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal for at least 20 days: peach w/breakfast, nothing for lunch & tomato, onion, mushroom w/dinner, 3 days total
5. 10 spend free days - tipped at hair salon & dinner, 3 days total

No comments:

Post a Comment