2/03/2011

another weekend off?!?!

Wow, apparently Wednesday was pretty boring!  I was organizing my pictures for upload and only had 3; that's kind of depressing.  I guess I'm going to have to start taking more pictures of the mundane things going on around me, lol. 

We had to get moving a little earlier then usual because Joe was taking his car in to be serviced.  He was up and out the door before me!  I quickly grabbed a bowl of cocoa pebbles with banana = 276 calories, then followed him over the the dealership.
I was a few minutes late for work because the service department had just upgraded their computer system and there's a little bit of a learning curve I guess.  Anyway, I let Joe take my car for the day so he could get some things accomplished.  My morning was uneventful and I was plenty hungry by lunch time.  It was back to basics for lunch = 320 calories.
I got a call from Mike at the restaurant offering me the weekend off again!  I was a little concerned that he was trying to push me out, like this was a nicer way of telling me he didn't need me to work there anymore.  That's not the case though, apparently he was disappointment in the girls that worked last weekend.  He had to remind them to do basic things numerous times and is concerned that they don't get the job done without me there to supervise.  He wants to give them another chance to prove themselves this weekend before taking disciplinary action.  It's too bad for him/them but at least I get another chance to relax for a few days.


Around 3:30 I realized I hadn't heard from Joe all day and still didn't have a car to get home.  I gave him a call and found out he hadn't heard anything about his car yet & was planning to pick me up.  He showed up at 5pm on the dot and boy did he smell delicious!  He was trying out a new pot roast recipe for dinner and the aroma coming off him was fantastic.  We went over to the dealership so he could pick up a rental car, they said he might need a new transmission, luckily it's covered under his power train warranty.


I had plans to run my 3 mile training at the gym with Angela after work because the weather had been nasty for the last few days.  But weather was starting to clear up, then sun even came out & I think the high for the day was close to 60!  Needless to say we decided to run outside instead.  I went home to change and was absolutely starving so I had a handful or two of peanut butter filled pretzels = 280 calories.
We decided to walk down to the bike path since it was still warm enough out & our run took about 34 minutes.  I have to say I'm starting to get worried about this Broad St run; I literally had thoughts of dropping out & selling my spot at one point during our run last night.  I had hoped I would start to enjoy running more but I'm really not.  I just do it because I dropped all the weight in the fall by running, but obviously it's not working anymore since I haven't lost anything in almost a month.  Last night I could have stopped and walked at any point and not because I was tired, because I just didn't feel like running.  Maybe I need to stick to short distances...
We got back around 6:30 and Joe was taking dinner out of the oven.  He thought Lou & Nicole were coming over but there must have been some kind of miscommunication because they had already eaten.  We had plenty of food because Joe thought he was cooking for 4+ so we pretty much forced Angela to stay and eat with us, lol.  He made pot roast, broccoli & mashed potato = 488 calories.  It was very good, I'm pretty excited to heat some up for dinner again tonight!
Lou & Nicole did end up coming over a little later to visit.  We watched some American Idol and laughed at Jack while he waddled around the living room.  It's pretty funny that Joe got Jack his own toys for our house and he'd still rather play with the DVDs in the credenza...

How did I do on my February goals?
1. Read 2 books: no down time for reading today
2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 20 days: 2264 burned -1364 eaten = 900 total burned, 2 day total
3. 1000 fitness minutes, not allowed to count walking at the restaurant: 45 minutes today, 105 total for month
4. Eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal for at least 20 days: banana w/breakfast, fruit w/lunch & broccoli w/dinner, 1 days total
5. 10 spend free days - didn't buy a thing!, 1 days total

2 comments:

  1. That was definitely a crappy run... You have to remember the good runs! I think a half marathon is my limit too though. But hey, do Broad Street and then if you wanna do 5Ks for the rest of your life, then go ahead!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! When an exercise activity is no longer fun or motivating it's a recipe for failure! Maybe shorter runs is the trick if the goal of the Broad Street run isn't doing it.

    Well if you ever want a break, step class with Vern was great. Kicked my butt!

    ReplyDelete