2/14/2011

Me, dramatic?!?

I did not feel any better when I woke up Sunday morning.  I told Joe it felt like someone kicked me in the chest.  He was worried and wondered if I should go to the emergency room but I told him I didn't think that was necessary.  I mean I was breathing, walking & talking without any pain; it was more like a sore muscle, only hurting when I moved certain ways.
I headed over to the restaurant without eating again.  Angela and I had plans to run 7 miles after my shift so I was hoping to convince Mike to make me some pancakes, carbs do a runner good.  When I told Mike what was going on with my chest pain he just laughed and said, "it's all downhill after 30."  Thanks...  Angela & Rob came in for breakfast pretty early on and I told her about my chest pain, she was having some issues with sore legs too so we decided it might be a better idea to switch this weekend's run with next, this way we'd do 3 miles on Sunday and 7 next Saturday.  The restaurant was slow the rest of the morning, only made $48 and was home by noon.  I did convince Mike to make me some pancakes though & they were delicious = 410 calories.
After work I stopped to visit with Nicole & Jack for a little while.  I needed some Valentine's Day advice; Joe and I agreed that we weren't going to exchange gifts, he said he would probably send me flowers & we'd have dinner but gifts weren't needed.  I agreed and moved on.  Then he started doing all this super sweet stuff, flowers for no reason, shamrock shakes to the office, dinner & a movie date night, replacement discontinued eyeshadow...I really wanted to do something for him even though we agreed not to.  The problem now was that I only had one day to figure out what.  Nicole and I brainstormed for a little while and came up with a few ideas that wouldn't be too crazy or break the bank, I'm not going to tell you what they are until after I give him the gift though.  My plan was to meet Angela for a quick run at the gym (it was pretty windy out & I hate running in wind) then shop around and hope I could find what I wanted for Joe.  I stopped home to change for the gym & pack clean clothes for shopping.  I also ate one of these pretty chocolate covered pretzels (101 calories) Nicole got me, they're all sparkly!
Once at the gym we hit the treadmills.  Angela was planning to walk uphill instead of running because her legs were still hurting.  I set everything up and started to jog, well it was so painful, each time my foot hit the ground the pressure made my chest hurt.  I lasted about a quarter of a mile before Angela convinced me to give up and hit the elliptical instead, we figure it would be easier because there's less impact.
It was definitely better then the treadmill but still not good.  I did a weight loss program for 33 minutes & burned 320 calories.  I'm happy I got the workout in but still want to make up the 3 mile run I missed, hopefully this whole thing will be cleared up by Tuesday when I'm scheduled to run again.


After changing out of my sweaty clothes I went to Boscov's but struck out.  Then I made a few phone calls to see if The Gap or Old Navy had what I was looking for, they did!  I hadn't really wanted to drive all the way out to the mall but I wasn't going to find what I wanted close to home.  I stopped at Old Navy first, hoping to skip the mall altogether but I wasn't happy with their selection.  I'm thinking I may be growing out of their stuff, I kept thinking the quality wasn't what I wanted, which I guess I shouldn't be surprised about, they are a discount store.  Anyway, then I sucked it up and went over the mall.  First I hit The Gap where I found something I was looking for for Joe & a few things for me...including these super cute lavender patent flats, I already have them in black and they're super comfortable, plus they were on sale for $19.99. 
Next I was pulled into Ann Taylor Loft, it's like a force outside my body drug me in there :-)  I bought a sweater and a pair of pants for $28 total!  I tried to find a picture online but they aren't available anymore.
Next I stopped at Macy's hoping to find a heart printed scarf to wear to work on Monday.  I couldn't find anything, I'm pretty disappointed in most stores Valentine's Day sections this year.  Other then jewelry there really wasn't anything cute around.  There were a lot of sales going on and I saw this watch.  I've been contemplating wearing a watch again for a while & I liked that it's brown and black so it goes with any outfit!  It was on sale & I had a coupon so it was around $50.
Joe ended up leaving work a little early and calling me while I was still at Macy's.  I let him know I was out by his work and we made plans to meet up at Bed, Bath & Beyond.  We wandered the store a little while & picked up a roaster pan before heading home & ordering some chinese food for dinner.  I had all my favorites = 681 calories.
I still had a lot of calories left after dinner since I had skipped lunch & worked out on top of walking at the restaurant so I had an ice cream bar = 110 calories.
We watched a few shows on the DVR & part of the Grammys.  Joe is making dinner for Valentine's Day and had to start the night before so he was in and out of the kitchen most of the evening.  I also snacked on some chocolates left over from xmas = 210 calories.
I fell asleep on the couch around 10 then headed up to bed a little while later.  Joe went to pick his friend John up from the airport and I tried to stay awake by watching some more shows upstairs.  He came home around 11 and I was out for the night shortly thereafter.

How did I do on my February goals?
1. Read 2 books:  I read a few pages while waiting for Angela to get to the gym
2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 20 days: 2717 burned - 1512 eaten = 1205 burned, 10 days total
3. 1000 fitness minutes, not allowed to count walking at the restaurant: 35 minutes today, 585 total for month
4. Eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal for at least 20 days: nothing w/breakfast, no lunch, broccoli w/dinner, 5 days total
5. 10 spend free days - did some shopping..., 4 days total

No comments:

Post a Comment