2/10/2011

I don't sweat I glisten.

For some reason I am not really feeling the whole writing thing today.  I've had everything set and uploaded for a while now but just couldn't think of anything interesting to say.  I haven't heard anything from Joe yet today which isn't really surprising because today's the big day that Verizon is releasing the iPhone.  He had to be in super early this morning and wear a special shirt, I'm hoping the crowds aren't too bad since he's at BJs instead of the mall or a stand alone store...we'll see.
Wacky Wednesday...well it wasn't really wacky but that's the first adjective that jumped to mind that started with w.  Joe had to be at work early for inventory so I was on my own, it's kind of nice to get ready when there isn't someone else still half asleep reminding you it's warm & cozy in bed.  For breakfast I had a bowl of honey comb = 198 calories, mostly because I didn't feel like making a sandwich and we didn't have any bananas to put in the cocoa pebbles.
My morning went by without incident, at least I can't think of anything interesting that happened.  I was pretty hungry by lunch time and excited to try my greek yogurt.  I had picked it up to try at the same time I got the dreaded cottage cheese.  Unlike the cottage cheese, I really liked it, it's thicker almost like ice cream & the fruit pieces we're too big, which I enjoy.  I took a picture of the brand and sent it to Joe so he'd know I would definitely eat this kind should he choose to get me some.  I also had a fruit cup but when I took the picture of my lunch I hadn't decided if I was going to eat it or not so I found a picture online for you.  Lunch = 380 calories.
The weatherman was reporting a cold & windy day so I packed appropriate clothes for running inside on the dreadmill.  Angela was at a conference for work all day and wasn't sure if she was going to be able to meet me.  Around 4:30 I got a message they were running late & she definitely wouldn't be making it to the gym before 6.  As much as I wanted to bail I decided to suck it up and go.
My run wasn't too bad.  I set the machine at 5.3 and even though I wanted to slow it down to a walk a few times I didn't.  I was absolutely drenched by the end of my 3 miles, it took right around 34 minutes.  I don't know why they keep it so hot in there!  The worst part of the whole thing was that the tv on my dreadmill was stuck on PHL 17...I had to watch House of Payne for the better part of my run...
I was super hungry by the time I got home & dreaming about another pulled chicken sandwich so that's exactly what I made myself = 407 calories.  It was just as delicious as the I remembered it!
Joe came home as I was making my sandwich so I put a roll in the toaster for him too.  We ate pretty quickly and then he went to get his BJs purchases from the car.  There was the normal cat food, kitty litter & bottled water but then he surprised me with a case of greek yogurt & a box of Kashi Go Lean Crunch!  I was super excited, he's such a good guy to get me the healthy food I want even though it's a little more expensive.

Nicole, Jack & Lou came over to watch American Idol a little while later.  I really like how the new judges are together.  The show is so much more pleasant to watch without crazy Paula & I liked Simon but I hated all the bickering that when on between the 3 of them.
At one point Jack was playing with a leftover box from xmas so we decided to put him in it.  We were pushing him back & forth across the floor and he thought it was the greatest thing, until we got tired and stopped...  He's like, "uh Lauren, I'm not moving anymore, what's up with that?"
If you're keeping track you may have noticed I was WAY under on my calories.  I kept trying to convince Joe to go get me some delicious dessert but he wasn't biting.  Eventually I gave in and just had a weight watchers ice cream bar = 110 calories and some peanut butter filled pretzels = 140 calories.
How did I do on my February goals?
1. Read 2 books: I read about 4 pages while waiting in line at the gas station!
2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 20 days: 2305 burned - 1165 eaten = 1140 burned, 6 days total
3. 1000 fitness minutes, not allowed to count walking at the restaurant: 40 minutes today, 450 total for month
4. Eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal for at least 20 days: nothing w/breakfast, fruit cup w/lunch, nothing w/dinner, 3 days total
5. 10 spend free days - I thought I was good to go until I typed that part about reading at the gas station, damn $34 for gas!, 3 days total

1 comment:

  1. Chobani is good yogurt! I like greek yoogurt because its thick like you said. Yum!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete