2/14/2011

1 for Saturday

At Nicole's request I am not saving this for next Friday...  I woke up Saturday morning refreshed and ready, those two weekends off really helped get me back in the right frame of mind for working 7 days a week again.  I popped out of bed and into the bathroom to fix my hair and put on some make-up.  I had just started using a new eyeshadow I had purchased at a Body Shop party a while back and was really loving the color.  Unfortunately the cover had broken off so I was storing it on a shelf above the toilet so it wouldn't get damaged in my make-up drawer.  I reached up to get it down and it slipped out of my hand and on to the tile floor, there was gray powder everywhere!  I cursed & complained while cleaning it up & Joe asked what happened.  I explained I was bummed because my new favorite eye shadow was ruined and it was going to be a pain to replace it.  He said "oh, bummer" and rolled back over & back to sleep.
I wasn't extremely hungry so I didn't bother forcing any breakfast and just went over to the restaurant a few minutes early to get everything warmed up.  Joe came in for breakfast and before he left to go to work he told me to check my email when I got a chance.
I was busy the rest of the morning, made $80 and was home by noon.  I didn't get a chance to check my email until early afternoon.  Because we were so busy I also didn't get a chance to eat anything by this piece of rye toast with butter & jelly = 144 calories.
I checked my email when I got home & saw that Joe had forwarded me a confirmation from ebay.  Turns out he went in the bathroom trashcan and found the bottom of the eyeshadow so that he could order me a new one!  After seaching The Body Shop's website & learning the color was discontinued, he searched google and found it on ebay then ordered it for me!  I know I say this a lot but I really have the best boyfriend, I mean, who does that?!?!? 

Once the shock of what he'd done wore off I hopped in the shower to get rid of the home fry smell.  Angela was in the area killing time while Rob was picking her sister up from a trip in NYC so I invited her over to hang out.  She showed up with a gift!  She said she had been wanting to give me this book for a while, I guess you could call it a satire, it has tips for running but they're funny.  Like don't be a ninja (wear all black to run when it's dark out).  I'm pretty excited to read it!  I'd like to get to it before the end of the month but we'll see, still have to finish "Sleeping Naked is Green" and "Unbearable Lightness."
Rob got back sooner then planned so we cut our visit short.  I was starving by this point so I made myself a pulled pork sandwich = 497 calories.  It was just a delicious as the pulled chicken but has about 20 more calories.
Nicole & Jack came over to visit a little while later.  Joe's been trying to convince me to wear this Verizon hat for about a week now but I think it may have found a new home...
Nicole went through some clothes, shoes & bags I had put aside to sell/donate and ended up taking home a bunch of goodies.  I really prefer giving my stuff to my friends so that I know it will be used as opposed to selling it at a yard sale where people try to convince me my $50 pants are worth less then $1.  If anyone knows anyone looking for size large tops and/or size 14-16 pants send them my way, I've got a room full.  While Nicole, Jack & I were going through the boxes I got a call from Amanda asking if I wanted to grab some dinner at the Bonefish Grill.  I <3 Bonefish and since Joe wasn't planning to be home before 8 I said why not!
The restaurant was packed with people celebrating an early Valentine's Day.  We found a seat in the bar area and decided to stay put.  I had the Lily's Chicken with mashed potato = 628 calories.  I took a picture but it was so dark you can't tell what's on my plate.  The funniest part was that this guy kept walking back & forth to the bathroom, after a few minutes we noticed he was smoking!  He kept the cigarette curled in his hand so it wasn't obvious & would take a puff each time we rounded a corner!  Finally a manager came around sniffing the air so we told him what was going on.  It was crazy, I mean really, if you need to smoke go outside!  If it's too cold, bring a coat or wait until you're done eating!

We finished up around 9:30 and I met Joe at home for a little tv before bed.  When we were going upstairs I started to have this really weird chest pain, like someone kicked me in the sternum.  I took 2 ibprofren and hoped it would be gone when I woke up in the morning.

How did I do on my February goals?
1. Read 2 books:  didn't get any reading done
2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 20 days: 2249 burned - 1333 eaten = 916 burned, 9 days total
3. 1000 fitness minutes, not allowed to count walking at the restaurant: 0 minutes today, 550 total for month
4. Eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal for at least 20 days: nothing w/breakfast, nothing  w/lunch, spinach w/dinner, 5 days total
5. 10 spend free days - bought dinner, 4 days total

No comments:

Post a Comment