2/13/2011

The amount of sleep required by the average person is five minutes more. ~WM

My mood went from bad to good about 4 times in the first 30 seconds I was awake Friday morning.  I was in that dead sleep where you wake up all creased & heavy; my first thought was "I don't want to get up yet" then "YAY it's Friday!" then "crap I have to work this weekend" then "I don't have to work out on Saturday" then "I have to run 7 miles on Sunday"...it was too much for so early in the morning...  Joe didn't have to go in early so he laid in bed while I whined about having to go to work.  For the first time all week I stuck with my original outfit choice!  A green dolman sleeved sweater with black skinny jeans & slouchy suede boots.  A lot of bloggers I read have been doing OOTD (outfit of the day) posts where the women take a picture of their outfit each day and post about it.  Details like where they got each piece, how much it cost, etc.  I've been thinking about starting to do it myself, I could just add a picture of what I'm wearing along with all the food pictures, lol.  I also think it would a great thing for my friend Tammy to blog about, she gets the BEST deals.  


Anyway, back to Friday...I had a bowl of cheerios with a banana for breakfast = 256 calories.  I was surprised that the cheerios were so bland, I made been expecting honey nut, pretty sure I won't be having these again, good thing Joe likes them.
For lunch I tried the peach greek yogurt, I liked it better then the blueberry but not as much as the strawberry.  I thought it tasted a little more like sour cream too, but I like sour cream so that was fine.
I had scheduled a 3 mile run after work.  Unfortunately both Amanda & Angela were stuck late at work so they couldn't meet me.  I was having a hard time trying to decide if I should run alone or take power with Christina & Joanne or just go home and take the day off.  I posted on Facebook that I was having trouble with my motivation & an old friend texted me with support!  I knew I needed to work out so I headed to the gym, that's right two solo runs in one week!  My run went really well!  I set the tv to channel 10 and watched the news while I ran.  I didn't feel fatigued or bored until I was past the 2 mile point, it was definitely one of my top 5 runs so far! 
The best part of doing my daily workout as a run on the treadmill is that I can home super early.  I was home by 6:30, showered and ready to eat dinner by the time Joe got home at 8.  We decided to use a Wendy's gift card for dinner.  I had an Apple Pecan Chicken Salad = 580 calories.  I usually go for the BLT Cobb but it's higher in calories so I decided to give this salad a shot.  It was too sweet for my taste!  I won't be cutting calories with it again...
Joe also got me a Jr Frosty for dessert = 150 calories.  I really think it's the best snack there is, low calorie & chocolate!  I'm not big on binging on ice cream so they're just the right size for me, not even enough to give me ice cream headache.
After dinner we hung out on the couch for a few hours watching tv before it was time to head to bed.  I had to get up and go to work on Saturday morning after all.



How did I do on my February goals?
1. Read 2 books:  didn't get any reading done
2. Burn at least 750 calories a day for at least 20 days: 2305 burned - 1366 eaten = 939 burned, 8 days total
3. 1000 fitness minutes, not allowed to count walking at the restaurant: 40 minutes today, 550 total for month
4. Eat 1 fruit or veggie with each meal for at least 20 days: banana w/breakfast, fruit cup w/lunch, salad for dinner, 5 days total
5. 10 spend free days - nothing purchased, wahoo!, 4 days total

1 comment: