12/07/2011

What I Ate Wednesday

I'm sort of loving that my posts are all different now.  It's nice to not be writing first I did this, then I did that, blah blah blah.  Hope you're enjoying it too!

Well the crock pot kid struck again.  Last Thursday morning I took some chicken out of the freezer to thaw for dinner but apparently Joe had other ideas.  He decided to make a pork loin and potatoes in the crock pot.  It was tasty but we think we let it cook too long because it was a little dry in the middle.  Sorry but I don't have a recipe to share, I don't know where he comes up with these meals...


On Saturday morning Joe made us breakfast.  We had some leftover turkey bacon from the butternut squash dish that we didn't want to go bad so he made me 2 eggs over easy and a blueberry bagel thin with low fat cream cheese to accompany a few slices.  It was delicious!


Saturday night we went over to Mark & Kat's for dinner.  It started out as a double date with lobster and other delicious treats but a friend of Kat's came into town unexpectedly so we decided to do a pizza party instead.  There ended up being 8 of us total eating plain & meat lover's pizza, salad and Amy's peanut butter pie.  We spent the majority of the evening at their neighbor's house around the fire pit chatting while the boys enjoyed some cigars.

We went out to the Windjammer for breakfast with Joe's parents on Sunday morning.  It's a diner type restaurant a few miles from our house that opened up a month or two ago.  I always try to find the silver lining when I eat out but I just can't this time.  The server was pleasant but took a LONG time to take our order, like probably 15 minutes.  Then we waited close to 45 minutes for our food to come out and when it did, mine was wrong.  Not only was it wrong but it was terrible, the sandwich was wet and flavorless, the onions in the potatoes were huge and over cooked; I couldn't finish it.  When got the bill and saw I was still being charged for the food I hadn't received we said something to the waitress, the manager kindly gave us 50% off the check but I still don't think I'll ever go back.
I spent the rest of the day Saturday running errands, I did some shopping for my mom since she's stuck inside with shingles, picked up a few gifts and visited Joe at work.  When I got home and unloaded everything it looked like christmas had thrown up all over my living room!  It was great!  Joe was working late so I made myself a quick turkey and cheese sandwich for dinner while I wrapped presents.
Monday night I attended the showcase for my mother's masters program and they provided dinner.  I was thrilled because by the time the presentations were over it was almost 8pm and I was starving.  I'm always pleasantly surprised by the food at the college it's always really good.


Have you seen these?  They're candy case kisses!  One of the girls at work had some and I couldn't pass up the offer to give them a try, I love peppermint bark and thought they would be similar. They're good but I don't think I could eat a lot of them, too sweet and definitely missing the milk chocolate of normal peppermint bark.

On Tuesday night Joe and I decided to order in from Primo Pizza. He was putting together our turkey fryer and I was beat up from spin class so neither of us felt like cooking.  Apparently I had some kind of lapse in judgement and decided that a cheese steak wrap and 1/3 of the mozzarella fries were a good idea.  Thank god I took that spin class because I somehow still ended up with  a decent burn for the day.

As you can tell my eating hasn't been great lately.  I'm trying to get to 130 by 1/30 (like that slogan?, it's awesome, I know) but if I don't get my act in gear and drop a few pounds this month January is going to be a miserable month full of salad and sweat...

No comments:

Post a Comment